day before vacation is always worthless..

Thaddeus Smith

i'm taking off the 20th-30th and as such, am a complete wasteoid today. big plans for the week include: building a wood burning grill pit w/rotiss, stripping down my gas grill and painting the faded black accessory pieces with truck bed liner (more weather resistant and a nice texture contrast to the stainless steel), shooting stock photos for a local college website, and then a day of turkey smoking and leg-o-lamb roasting (on the aforementioned pit). i also need to squeeze in some demo cable making and a bunch of sleep

happy holidays! :)

which reminds me ...if there's someone in DFW (or further if you want to drive) that doesn't have some family or friends to spend Thanksgiving with, you're more than welcome to join my wife and I for some mellow festivities and good food. both sets of parents are local, but are traveling out of state to visit grandparents and we chose to stay home. plenty of room, cigars, food, and music to audition. :) shoot me a pm if you're interested..

which reminds me ...if there's someone in DFW (or further if you want to drive) that doesn't have some family or friends to spend Thanksgiving with, you're more than welcome to join my wife and I for some mellow festivities and good food. both sets of parents are local, but are traveling out of state to visit grandparents and we chose to stay home. plenty of room, cigars, food, and music to audition. :) shoot me a pm if you're interested..

I'd stop by if traveling thru but have to stick close by work. Thanks for the invite, I know several dozen folks up in that neck of the woods I could send over for free food but nah, the ankle monitors might annoy the wife [:D] Ya'll come on by if you get to Padre Island.

I'd stop by if traveling thru but have to stick close by work. Thanks for the invite, I know several dozen folks up in that neck of the woods I could send over for free food but nah, the ankle monitors might annoy the wife Big Smile Ya'll come on by if you get to Padre Island.

ha, no worries. and we will most certainly do so if ever in that neck of the woods. :)

crappy iphone pic ..but here's the completed pit. the bowl was from a $50 target special i bought about 3 years ago. the rotiss motor and spit came with my grill .. support arms were from an old ikea coffee table. all i had to buy was the pavers, some sand and quickcrete, the threaded rods, and a spray paint. of course ..had to test out a chicken before throwing on the leg of lamb for thursday. :) :)

pit.jpg