Afterlife of a Horn

boom3

I was flipping through the channels once and they had this show where two women were decorating a room by, I a not making this up, taking "old records that are worthless anyway" and puting them on top of glass bowls and putting them in the oven and MELTING THE RECORDS AROUND THE BOWLS and then hanging them on the walls.

It was so funny.

• Moderators

I was flipping through the channels once and they had this show where two women were decorating a room by, I a not making this up, taking "old records that are worthless anyway" and puting them on top of glass bowls and putting them in the oven and MELTING THE RECORDS AROUND THE BOWLS and then hanging them on the walls.

It was so funny.

It's good to hear someone found a good use for records, I would bet they don't pop and click after being hung on the wall ! [:o] [:$]

Or the yardsale at which there was a box of old LP's.... had massive scratches and gouges, being curious, I asked.... just had to ask.... the answer?

"They sail really good when slung like a frisbee, so I used them to play with our dog, but they probably sound ok except for the scratches..."

Really, that's what the young lady said.... She also said they don't have her dad's old big CD player anymore so she could not show me....

That makes me reallllyyyy sad!

Can you tell what brand? Altec RCA? ?

I can ask, but I doubt the family knows...the patriarch died some years back and the horn became a planter years before he passed. I could probably have the horn for the asking but what would I do with one? My personal theory is that is an Altec that was bought as military surplus.