Horn Break-in

neo33

Thomas,

I doubt you'll need to "break in " a Klipschorn woofer. I doubt you could even if you wanted to.

PWK wrote the following in the Volume 2, Number 7 Dope From Hope dated June 1, 1961: "Our big horn (Klipschorn) will produce one acoustic watt at 32.7 cycles per second with 1/16 inch cone motion."

According to the Volume 9, Number 2 Dope From Hope dated August, 1968: "....a sound source radiating from a trihedral corner with a uniform polar pattern will be radiating one watt of power when the sound pressure measured at 4 feet is 118 decibels."

The peak-to-peak excursion of a compression driver diaphragm is far less than a cone-type driver.

Lee

Lee

Horn is nothing more then compression driver attached to a horn.

Well you can redefine any word to make any statement true if you really wanted...

Not all horns have compression drivers attached to them (like all of the Klipsch LF horns, for example).

Oh no, you mean to tell me those warming coils Coytee sold me to wrap the horns with to keep them warm don't really work

Dude...those were for a nice warm horn enema.... now go shove 'em in again and remember, you need to use the 220 outlet not the 110, got it? [:|]

• Moderators

Oh no, you mean to tell me those warming coils Coytee sold me to wrap the horns with to keep them warm don't really work

Dude...those were for a nice warm horn enema.... now go shove 'em in again and remember, you need to use the 220 outlet not the 110, got it? Indifferent

Ok I will try one more time.......[O].........[:'(].........now that made a big difference, 220 is the way to go ! [li]

Horn is nothing more then compression driver attached to a horn.

Well you can redefine any word to make any statement true if you really wanted...

Not all horns have compression drivers attached to them (like all of the Klipsch LF horns, for example).

Horn is nothing more than a Horn whether or not it has a compression driver or a cone driver.

-Josh