UPS Shipping....

SWL

Hey Stormin......I've got another fully restored 3600 coming but unable to track it!! Angry

Well thats nice and then again that sucks. Did you ever see the tracking on it? Maybe theres a number switched or seller got tracking number messed up.

Hope it works out for ya.

UPS seems to just ring and run now, they do not wait at all. Once the UPS guy left the package in the garbage can and left a sticky saying it was in the garbage can. Problem was, it was garbage night!

Now that's sad!! Sorry about what happened, but you gotta' admit, that is a "class act" in the book of UPS "Tales of Woe and Grief".

UPS seems to just ring and run now, they do not wait at all. Once the UPS guy left the package in the garbage can and left a sticky saying it was in the garbage can. Problem was, it was garbage night!

Now that's sad!! Sorry about what happened, but you gotta' admit, that is a "class act" in the book of UPS "Tales of Woe and Grief".

Let me try again. I think he tried to prevent theft since people do steal packages if left on the doorsteps where I live. I live in a two family house where you need to go up a flight of stairs to get to the first floor, the second floor is past the main enterance. The garbage can are below, or under the staircases. He put that package there for protection I believe. Unfortunately they were also put out for trash.

I have about 10 ups packages to track during an average week at work. 90% of the time - no prob- but when something goes worng----YOU ARE SCREWED!!!!!!!! try getting someone on the phone to help you when something doed not show... Lotsa luck pal. Try filing a claim for loss or damage- try recouping charges when a red label am package takes 8 days to arrive. I hate UPS..... Fed Ex is higher but worth the differnece IMHO

Yes they do drop and run- Getting the heck out of dodge before you see the damaged box.

It is easy to talk to a real person at UPS, but you have to know how to do it. And don't expect them to tell you how to do this anywhere on the website or by phone.

Here is the procedure for UPS. Dial 1-800-742-5877. When the nice recorded message says "What do you want to do", immediately say "OPERATOR". When the recorded voice protests that, say "OPERATOR". After about the third time you say "OPERATOR" you will be talking to a real person.

To talk to a real person at other companies, see below:

http://gethuman.com/customer-service.html

Bob Crites

I have had good luck with both UPS and FedEx, both have locations close to me and I have both received alot and shipped quite a few things with both. I have preferred FedEx's practice of having packages available for pick-up at their office after 6pm on the same day a delivery was attempted and missed.

I was very surprised though when I returned home to find my RT-10d subwoofer box sitting outside my door when it was delivered. While I like small low value packages left at my door if I am not home that was a little too valuable to be just left at the door, I was glad nothing happened to it. I can't remember if it was delivered by UPS or FedEx.

never had anything lost or damaged; but, one time i had an large item and since i wasn't home, they put it on my patio without leaving any notice on my door. sat there for days before I finally noticed a large box on the patio. I was already to fire off a strongly worded email to the vendor wanting my product or money back because i was tired of waiting.

I brought a heatsink for my new computer from newegg.com. Usually since I live in New Jersey, they have a warehouse and it ships from there so its a oneday affair with UPS or Fedex. Well for some god awful stupid reason they ship it from California. I purchased the 3 day guarantee as that was the cheapest method. I brought immediately on monday at like 2 am (I am home and on winter break from college so I have time) so technically I brought it at 11 pm in california on sunday, not that it matters. They submit shipment that day and it should come hopefully Wednesday, averting New Years Eve. Well another FAILURE ON UPS

SECAUCUS,

NJ,

US

12/31/2009 9:01 A.M. THE
RECEIVER IS ON A HOLIDAY. DELIVERY WILL BE ATTEMPTED WHEN THE RECEIVER
RETURNS / PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT BUSINESS DAY-NO SATURDAY
GUARANTEE
12/31/2009 6:30 A.M. DESTINATION SCAN

12/31/2009 5:41 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

PHILADELPHIA,

PA,

US

12/31/2009 3:27 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

PHILADELPHIA,

PA,

US

12/30/2009 9:12 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

LINTHICUM,

MD,

US

12/30/2009 7:12 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

12/30/2009 5:37 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

ROCKFORD,

IL,

US

12/30/2009 3:03 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

12/30/2009 1:13 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

ONTARIO,

CA,

US

12/29/2009 7:54 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

BALDWIN PARK,

CA,

US

12/27/2009 1:11 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

US

12/28/2009 12:19 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I am the receiver, and I do not take a second holiday break from the one I already take. Apparently I called UPS using Bob's method which got me to an operator in 20 seconds (THANKS!) and she said it was coded wrong, it should have said the facility is on holiday break!