The Girlfriend or Klipsch?

neo33

Not the deal of the decade, I'm afraid... Had they come in the first week of january 2011 then they'd be the deal of the decade until someone turned up another free set of Cornwalls or K-Horns! Geeked

I think you are wrong.

Twenty Ten is not part of the Twenty Zeros the same way Nineteen Ninety was not part of the Eighty's.

-JPB

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh great, not another "When does the millennium end/begin" argument.

jtn's probably referring to the fact that if you go back to when the current calendar begins there was no "0" year. It went from 1 BCE to 1 CE. So, technically since 1 CE was the first year then 10 ended the decade. If you fast-forward to our time that would mean that 2001 started the decade and 2010 will end it. It depends on how you refer to it though, like you said I wouldn't consider 1990 to be part of the eightys.

jtn's probably referring to the fact that if you go back to when the current calendar begins there was no "0" year. It went from 1 BCE to 1 CE. So, technically since 1 CE was the first year then 10 ended the decade. If you fast-forward to our time that would mean that 2001 started the decade and 2010 will end it. It depends on how you refer to it though, like you said I wouldn't consider 1990 to be part of the eightys.

Hijack warning!

You should try deciphering my wife's age and birthday(s). When she was born she could not be 0 so she was 1. She has the approximate date of birth, lunar new year age, Chinese New Year age (is this the same?), day her grandmother reported the birth, etc, etc, etc. Heck we even have two wedding anniverseries and I have to ask every year which one to use---occasionally she demands both.

Fixed! [:D]

Neo, reading your sig line just now. I have not heard the difference, if any, between generations of H but can you not switch some things around to get the front 3 from the same generation? Or is that not an issue with these?

• Moderators

Hijack warning!

You should try deciphering my wife's age and birthday(s). When she was born she could not be 0 so she was 1. She has the approximate date of birth, lunar new year age, Chinese New Year age (is this the same?), day her grandmother reported the birth, etc, etc, etc. Heck we even have two wedding anniverseries and I have to ask every year which one to use---occasionally she demands both.

If thats her in your avatar you better listen ! [:o]

Umm, anything free is not a deal since a deal is an exchange of goods (money or other stuff) involved with BOTH party. So your "deal" is not a deal.

The decade technically starts at the beginning of 2001 and ends at the end of 2010. So until the beginning of 2011, if no one had a better deal, my deal will be the deal of the decade.

BTW, hijack away! [:D]

the only better deal is free..and last year i had a free pair of fortes and klf 20's..sorry to say its not the deal of the decade...But its a pretty GOOD DEAL!! NICE HERESYSParty!!!

Very, very nice score. However, I think this one still trumps yours as the deal of the decade:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/50553/480493.aspx#480493

Way to go thebes; hope you're still enjoying these [:P]

Really had to search for this thread; who would have thought the title would be: SUPER DUPER OHMYGOD MAJOR SCORE, instead of "Found me a vintage Marantz 8B on the cheap." Too funny

Rick

Yes, she does have a younger sister who is quite wild and better then her in every which way but is not into audio and doesn't know how to appreciate the finer things audiowise. In other words, she has the ears of a bufallo and she think that her Bose Wave radio rocks. Go figure. BTW, her sister is a blonde and a model.

And, of course, the most important question! Does she have a like-minded (and like-built Devil ) sister? Stick out tongue

Are we comparing any deal or just speaker deal? As far as speaker deal is concerned, I think I am it! [:D]

Very, very nice score. However, I think this one still trumps yours as the deal of the decade:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/50553/480493.aspx#480493

Way to go thebes; hope you're still enjoying these Stick out tongue

Really had to search for this thread; who would have thought the title would be: SUPER DUPER OHMYGOD MAJOR SCORE, instead of "Found me a vintage Marantz 8B on the cheap." Too funny

Rick