Bass bins for KP250's

CECAA850

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all the pics, thanks for looking. No comments on what a messy garage I have, that's just the way it is. I listened to them for the first time last night and the combo absolutely pounds. When my wife heard them, her first words were , "We've GOT to have a party this summer!" My next project will be to make a mobile rack for the electronics. They're currently on a roll-a-round that I use to put tools on when I work on cars.

Thanks again to Michael Hurd.

How many db would you say you are getting with the bass bins??

I haven't put my meter on them or run any SPL testing, but they were designed to keep up with the KP-250's which will do 125 dB. I'm sure the bins are putting out well over 120 dB. They hit pretty hard in the middle of the garage, I'd imagine they'd do better close to a wall or corner. If I ever feel the need for more bass, each driver will handle an EP-4000 as opposed to the one that I'm running now for both. I'll just add another amp.

• Moderators

That's all the pics, thanks for looking. No comments on what a messy garage I have, that's just the way it is.

I was not going to make a comment about the garage, I was going to make a comment about you ! [:o] Just kidding, it's just when you see a pic of someone here they never look like what what you think by reading there comments. [Y]

Wow I didn't realize you were building two and they were going to be passive, I was thinking powered sub for some reason. I really like the design and you did a great job on building and the outside finish !

Also I agree with your wife, smart lady, have a party, you will probably be elected to be the neighborhood music dude ! [8].............or the guy that the police are after for disturbing the peace. [;)]

Excellent job. I'm thinking of a similar project. Did you save your notes? What, if anything would you have done different? How much $$$ did it cost you?

Thanks.

The main expense was the drivers. After tax, I paid right at 200.00 apiece. The MDF was about 25.00 a sheet x3, so 75.00 for that. I think I paid about 60.00 for each box to be bedlinered, so that's another 120.00. Wire and connectors was nickle dime stuff. A box of screws and wood glue, maybe 10.00. Looks roughly like 300.00 per speaker. As far as notes, I've got a bunch of stuff like this.

EDIT: Throw in about 4.00 apiece for casters from Northern Tool.

post-15193-1381952677814_thumb.jpg

You may not need something quite so large. I think HSU has a MBM (mid bass module) that's much more reasonably sized. However, depending on your definition of mid-bass, these will crank it out. I'm sending them roughly 30 to 90 Hz. and they'll be used for music only.

• Moderators

Just kidding, it's just when you see a pic of someone here they never look like what what you think by reading there comments. Yes

Didn't realize how stunningly handsome I was did you ? Surprise

Uh...Uh......yep that's what I was thinking ! [:D] You look Mauvealus..You should be a speaker model.