ACE's super-awesome happy day! (New PRETTY Cornwalls!)

ace168516

So, you board readers may have seen some ominous/cryptic posts from me in the last few hours. Now it is time to spill the beans. I would like to give the biggest thanks possible to Chris aka tigerwoodKhorns for making this all possible. Nicest guy possible, and ironically the only really active forum member in vegas. Let me take you through my last day...

After talking to the guy, he will not hold them...Vegas is 28 hours straight through...I offer an ungodly sum to ship, but he does not want to deal with it. I figure in 28 hours they will be gone, so off to PM tigerwoodKhorns...he is a gentleman PMs me last night, I respond, explain the situation and offer him a bit of money for his time. We talk on the phone and he is off to look at them...the guy agrees to hold them till he gets there.

Well, the surprise is in store...he calls from the location...Budman you are safe...you still have the only pair of Ramblin' Rose Corns...C-PNGL...I now own the only pair of Persian Nutwood Corns haha...how sweet is that! And now for the limited eye candy I have. Chris has agreed to hold on to them for me till I can get out to Vegas for a nice weekend, or maybe secure the Cornwall Vault if it is still in a member's possession.

Good for you Ace--I'm happy for you. Funny thing, my brother sent me a text about those yesterday(Vegas is about 3 hours from him and 4 or so from me). We're both in the market for some CW or LaScalas. I sent him a return text saying that we could be in vegas by dinner; but, he didn't bite.

i'm glad now, would have hated to have spoiled this for you. I just spent a few hours this morning, scouring the local pawn shops and thrift stores hoping to find one of those once in a lifetime deals--no luck. saw a post on another forum where this guy claimed to have bought a pair of cornwall IIs in near mint condition for $50 from some thrift store.

Thanks for the kind words everyone...Chris said he would take some better photos and give them a listen and I will update further. I told him I wanted them even if all the drivers were bad haha, but the seller said they were good. I really have no plans for these now...they might get to reside in my formal living room and I can eject my heresy's that were going to be finished in rosewood and cane out the the garage. Funny...my wife said she likes my '74s better because they are the ones that might have been owned by Meatloaf...I said I like these, because they are as far as I know the only factory Persian Nutwood speakers in existance, and only the second set I have ever seen with one of the crazy psychadelic engineered veneers. I brought up the garage sale post about the cornwall vault, some think CP1 may have ended up with it, so if anyone talks to him, try to remember to ask...I have sent him a PM, but I know he does not stop in very often.