Furthest you've driven?

jrod

To pick up a pair of speakers? 16-hour drive from SF Bay Area to Albuquerque, New Mexico (1,050 Miles) and another 16-hour back home all by myself. The longest I have ever driven is a 3-day roadtrip from SF Bay Area to Manhattan, New York (3,000 Miles) and back.

Indianapolis, IN to Miami- Ft lauderdale, FL... Picked up 6 LSI Bass Bins 4 LSI tops.. giggled and in heaven...then over the allegator highway to Naples, FL where I needed rest. ( More like a dinner with my friend Michael for some incredible seafood, then I crashed. LOL)

It was the first time I ever had "Diet RockStar" drinks... You know after about 5 of those in my system, Michael said I missed my calling as a comedian. LOL I do not do drugs, but all that stuff in me had my mind spinning like I was on something. hahahahahahahahaha I was telling jokes, making sh!t up and making voices just to pass the time along. Some fun singing, too, late in the evening!

We decided to stay 2 days in Naples, and then we drove home to Indy. It was really cool to see Michael totally relax.

Michael drove a few hours on the way back, we got into a really bad rain storm, I got nervous of his driving (even though he was careful) and we just switched at the next gas station break, then I drove from then on! LOL

Funny story, we went to Burger King at about 1 am on the way down.... Again me on the "Diet RockStar" drinks... So instead of throwing away the last stop trash at Burger King for breakfast sacks, I threw away the new Burger king food.. hahahaha Not to worry, at the next exit, I just re ordered it all... except for the drinks. Michael kids me about this to this day.

That's what road trips are about. it was a great find too!

post-5910-1381952704554_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Not that far, Picayune Ms to Klipsch in Hope AR about 8 hours to pick up some Cornwall lll's they were nice enough to GIVE me. [:P] [G]

It also included a Certificate From Klipsch with all the people who had worked on them had signed, with a CD with Pictures of all the people working on them from start to finish !

Thanks Trey for picking my name and of course Klipsch and the great people in the plant who do unbelievable work, don't believe how good they are, buy some Heritage and you will see the quality !

All other speaker trips were closer than 8 hours except a pair of Heresy's from Michael, but we never went there just for that, so that trip to Indy don't count.

I have picked up Klipsch from Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia twice, Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Indiana.

• Moderators

Well, at least we're not a crazy bunch! Stick out tongue

Hey! Speak for yourself! LOL

Seriously, our trips to pick up speakers from various states has provided dtel and I with a lot of wonderful experiences. Picking up speakers is only a small part of the fun road trips we have taken. The friendships we have developed along the way are the best part![:D]

We also have speakers from Florida, but those were delivered by the one and only Groomlake...Heresy IIs, which Groomy gave to our grandson (who was seven years old at the time) as a gift!

Colorado Springs CO. to kansas city to pick up my 72 vert Cornwalls with the wife. Someone from this fourm years ago said that these were listed in the KS thrifty nickel. Got a hold of him at 2oclock and hit the road. They looked like they were in a shed but bought them.

The friendships are a HUGE part of the road trips. I also ran into quite a few talented musicians. I later found out that most musicians I've met love Klipsch Heritages.

Seriously, our trips to pick up speakers from various states has provided dtel and I with a lot of wonderful experiences. Picking up speakers is only a small part of the fun road trips we have taken. The friendships we have developed along the way are the best part!Big Smile

Wow! Really good stuff everyone!! Got home late last night, 1650 miles later I'm am the proud owner of some beautiful new gear. The "boss" said I needed to wait until this morning to hook everything up, so of course I did. Wow, what a difference. The RC-64 truely is the beast that everyone describes!

Really solid stories out there!