Haiti Quake

neo33

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not directly, but Canada's head of state, Governor-General Michaelle Jean, was nearly in tears as she was speaking about the quake, as she is from Haiti and has relatives and friends there. It was sad to see.

Obviously not as sad as seeing what happened in Haiti, of course, but I did feel sorry for her.

I guess no one here cares but here goes: Over 50,000 killed. One young man yelled at reporters in English:

"Too many people are dying. We need international help ... no

emergency, no food, no phone, no water, no nothing." An estimated of 2 millions people are homeless.

I care- horrible situation- particulary the the orphaned kids

But I am getting a little ticked off hearing the other countries blame America for not getting suppplies delivered fast enough. We bail everybody out and get very little thanks or credit

Wonder what the Castros or Hugo Chavez have done to help them?

Just to play devil's advocate here. I am certainly not a Castro fan by any means...

But, Cuba essentially has for years supplied almost all of the doctors in Haiti. They have a contract to do this. There are something like 500 doctors I believe I read in Haiti. And almost all are from Cuba.

Now, they are paid to be there. Can't be much I would imagine. And I should imagine that Cuban doctors in Cuba don't make much either.

Cuba was one of the first to send more doctors over there right after the quake hit.

I found that very interesting. Like I said, I am not a sympathizer of the communist government in Cuba by any means. But, I did find it interesting.

Paul

Take a look at what our buddy Hugo Chavez "thinks" the cause of the quake was and who's to blame. Oh yeah, Katrina was intentionally caused by America also.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/01/21/chavez_us_weapon_test_caused_haiti_earthquake.html

Bill

We are the superpower aren't we? So it's a given!

Actually, we are the only country on God green Earth that help everybody!

But I am getting a little ticked off hearing the other countries blame America for not getting suppplies delivered fast enough. We bail everybody out and get very little thanks or credit

We are the superpower aren't we? So it's a given!

Actually, we are the only country on God green Earth that help everybody!

At one point in time this was a true statement but not anymore. There are no Superpowers anymore. I, here in Germany, have not heard one bad report about America in the Haiti affair. The reports that we are getting are more to the effect that it is hard for anyone to help in these troubled times. Just for the record we in Germany are not getting any bad "American only" vibes from the press, just bad vibes from all countrys including Germany that the reactions have been less than acceptable to a catastrophy in this mass.

Sorry but I had to get this off my chest. The world does not revolve around what America does or does not do, irrigardless of how I love the country. Please stop bieng led by the press. I will be quiet now.

I care- horrible situation- particulary the the orphaned kids

We get something for all this.... THEY BURN OUR FLAG IN THE STREETS why doesn't someone care about that???

It is a same... I heard up to 200,000 dead. On the networks I keep seeing the same scenes... the same person washing their hands with bottled water. You would think they could show other areas of the city... other rescue efforts.

Our prayers go out to them all

Those who burned our flag in the streets should be lined up facing the firing squad. Freedom of the press, speech, whatever... can only go so far!

We get something for all this.... THEY BURN OUR FLAG IN THE STREETS why doesn't someone care about that???

The media always screwed us up.

It is a same... I heard up to 200,000 dead. On the networks I keep
seeing the same scenes... the same person washing their hands with
bottled water. You would think they could show other areas of the
city... other rescue efforts.