So now the NFL owns "Who Dat" ???

WS65711

[

a passing clinic so all the other quarterbacks can learn some tricks. Stick out tongue

Ummm. He does have a quarterback clinic and maybe the best in the country. Where do you think all those great college quarterbacks go like Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy?

Peyton just doesn't play the game he teaches it.

But there are alot of excellent quarterbacks who play and have played football.

I wish the raiders would send JaMarcus Russell to that clinic.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Seems to me the New Orleans Saints knows who owns "Who Dat"....the letter Colterphoto highlighted in one of his above posts is giving Who Dat, Inc. the right to use the trademark, which was originally registered in the State of Louisiana.

I don't know much about trademark registration, but I do believe the greediness of the NFL is showing it's true colors.

• Moderators

I own the horseshoe shape trademark, if anyone anywhere uses a horseshoe design, I'm suing them for my 10%.

Dtel, you probably don't want your Momma and Buddy in the room for this game. There's gonna be a guy from Indy taking some Who Dat Smack!

M

Now Michael, you know the NFL owns that trademark![;)]

As far as some guy from Indy talking some "Who Dat Smack", he better remember the "Who Dats" are going to outnumber him![:P]

Seems to me the New Orleans Saints knows who owns "Who Dat"....the letter Colterphoto highlighted in one of his above posts is giving Who Dat, Inc. the right to use the trademark, which was originally registered in the State of Louisiana.

I don't know much about trademark registration, but I do believe the greediness of the NFL is showing it's true colors.

Wait until 2011, when the owners lock out the players. Then you will see what greed looks like.

It has been my opinion for several years now that the NFL has been digging itself a hole. The NFL network (and the hubris associated with it) is one key sign of this - they very nearly avoided "stepping in it" with the Giants/Pats season finale at the end of the 2007 season.

Regarding NFL Network and Manning: I have real issues getting NFL news from an NFL property. You will NEVER get anything out of that network that challenges any aspect of league business or image. It is the NFL news equivalent of "state run television". The only reason I would want it is for Thursday night games.

I anticipate a bit of backlash over the "Who Dat" business. New Orleans will get more press over the next two weeks than they've had since Katrina.....and the media engine isn't even fired up yet. Wait until next Monday, when the Super Bowl media circus gets into full swing - SOMEONE will make hay over some enterprising local shirt salesperson trying to make ends meet, with the mighty NFL stepping in.....bet you hear more of this in the coming week. If I lived in NOLA and were a Saints fan, I would have signage on my car TODAY stating "The NFL doesn't own "WHO DAT" - WE DO."

And in five years, when the team isn't doing as well as it is now, some city will be trying to coax the team away from NOLA (inevitable being a small market team).....then the "Who Dat" and the "Fleur de lis" will be a forgotten product as far as the NFL is concerned.

• Moderators

Just wait, next week Elden it will all be about Brees. They probably had it all in their heads that the opponent would be Favre

I have no idea we have never been even this close to a Superbowl. [:S]

• Moderators

If I lived in NOLA and were a Saints fan, I would have signage on my car TODAY stating "The NFL doesn't own "WHO DAT" - WE DO."

Facebook has already started a "club" named exactly that. It's disgustingly greedy for the NFL to attempt something like this.

Fans in this area were literally crying when the Saints won the game the other night.....it has been a long hard battle for the Saints to achieve this accomplishment. Tom Benson, the Saints' owner has steadfastly supported the Saints and the community....I am really happy for him. Other cities have tried to coax Tom Benson to move the Saints and he has repeatedly stood firm that New Orleans is the home of the Saints. That's not saying a move couldn't happen. I do believe Tom Benson is not only a Saints' fan himself, he is also loyal to the fans in this region.

As a rule we don't "get" our news from the NFL....I guess we were desperate to watch any news about the Super Bowl/Saints and they were the "only thing in town" in that time slot. What mistake that was!

• Moderators

Michael,

when you go down..............be nice or it sounds like your gonna get a "Who Dat Smack"......up the side of you're Head.............[:'(]

I like that...."Who Dat Smack Down in Miami!"........I better be careful...those guys in wrestling might have a copyright on "Smack Down"....I don't watch wrestling....but I have heard that term used fairly often in their commercials![:P]

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!

• Moderators

Dtel, you probably don't want your Momma and Buddy in the room for this game. There's gonna be a guy from Indy taking some Who Dat Smack!

That's ok Christy screams at almost every play and buddy don't really watch, he thinks were nut's. As far as my mother goes nothing would surprise her, she has heard my [bs] for 52 years.

I just hope it's a good game and not a blowout.

Does this mean the NFL also owns the slogan "Who Dey" that the Bengals use? What is it with all the Who Dat, Who Dey, Who Dem, Who Cares? If the NFL wants to "dumb" up their franchise go ahead, I will never be saying the phrases again.[:o] No, my statement isnt directed to any region or particular folks.

That's ok Christy screams at almost every play and buddy don't really watch, he thinks were nut's. As far as my mother goes nothing would surprise her, she has heard my PWK BS Button for 52 years.

I just hope it's a good game and not a blowout.

there is a 100% chance that, at some time during the game, Christy will bust into hysterical sobs- I love when she does that!

• Moderators

there is a 100% chance that, at some time during the game, Christy will bust into hysterical sobs- I love when she does that!

Michael: You are absolutely correct....I only "bust into hysterical sobs" when the Saints win games![:D]

On the other hand....you better watch out.....when the Saints lose I break out the Bose speakers and play them for days on end![:o]

• Moderators

Does this mean the NFL also owns the slogan "Who Dey" that the Bengals use? What is it with all the Who Dat, Who Dey, Who Dem, Who Cares? If the NFL wants to "dumb" up their franchise go ahead, I will never be saying the phrases again.Surprise No, my statement isnt directed to any region or particular folks.

Kev, it's really not a matter of "dumbing up". In the Cajun dialect the "th" sound is pronounced as a "D" when spoken....it really isn't just a "regional or particular folks" thing....it's simply the Cajun dialect that was adapted by Saints' fans.

Have you ever heard a Cajun person speak? Maybe you've heard Bobby Hebert on one or two occasions....or Lousiana's notorious former governor, Edwin Edwards?