24 - Best Drama!

neo33

So you would rather let hundred of thousand (if not million) Americans die?

There are people out there that think that interrogation actually works Jack Bauer style

Jack Bauer's style is nothing compare to those used by the Nazi, communist and terrorist. The stuff depicted on TV is actually extremely tame. Anyone of you who is actually a POW in communist concentration camp know what I mean.

So you would rather let hundred of thousand (if not million) Americans die?

I'd rather they not die but if the choice came down to saving a few hundred thousand Americans or damning my own soul for all eternity then Yes, I'd let the Americans die.

Jack Bauer's style is nothing compare to those used by the Nazi, communist and terrorist. The stuff depicted on TV is actually extremely tame. Anyone of you who is actually a POW in communist concentration camp know what I mean.

I don't think anybody who is actually a POW in a communist concentration camp is going to be able to read the klipsch forum.

Would you be able to forgive yourself if your wife and children are among those victims and you know that you can DEFINITELY save them? Do you think your own soul will not be damned for all eternity?

I'd rather they not die but if the choice came down to saving a few hundred thousand Americans or damning my own soul for all eternity then Yes, I'd let the Americans die.

Whether they read the Klipsch forum or not, there are quite a few communist POW survivors out there. My uncle is one of them. The scars on his body are permanent. To this day, he is living in a terrified mental state of being. He doesn't talk much but if you ask him, he will tell you how they interrogated him.

I don't think anybody who is actually a POW in a communist concentration camp is going to be able to read the klipsch forum.

I don't know if' I'd be able to forgive myself but I do know that moral law doesn't change based on what's at stake.

Murder is always murder, even if the bad guys say that you are saving hundreds of thousands.

In reality all that is happening is that you are becoming like them.

Sorry about your Uncle.

I was referring to your wording in the present tense and did not mean to make fun of those that suffered(or still suffer) in POW camps.

I understand what you are saying. All I am saying is that some of the stuff depicted on TV are not as horrified as in reality.

IMO, I do not think that interrogate a person to get the information necessary to save people lives is a crime.

I am a patriot. And I will not allow myself and my own interest to stand in the way of saving people lives if I know that can be done.

In reality all that is happening is that you are becoming like them.

I liked the first two seasons of 24. Then it got old, especially the interrogations.

All I am saying is that some of the stuff depicted on TV are not as horrified as in reality.

A Vietnam veteran came and talked in one of my classes in college (1995). There was time for questions at the end of his presentation. When asked if TV and movies are accurate in depicting what it was really like, he said people would be throwing up and running out of the theaters to therapy if movies got it right.

He was in the infantry and had definate anger/conflict issues after coming home. He said he had no direction for years - couldn't fit into society for a while. He would go in bars just to start trouble. Most of the time, no one would fight back because of the look in his eyes.

I was late to the party on 24. Enjoyed last year and year before. In fact, it is the only thing I watched on TV with any regularity.

If this is the last season, sorry to see it lose it's energy. This years episode's seem to have jumped the shark, so it's run out of creative steam. I'm not arranging my time to see it after last week.

There are people out there that think that interrogation actually works Jack Bauer style :(

It does work. It isn't pretty, but it does work!!

I Love 24..

Nicely stated! I've watched the show since the beginning, but I believe it has run it's course. I hope they wrap it up well as I believe the shows concept was excellent.

I think 24 is finished. Last season was a downer and this one isn't doing any better. Season 2 is best, but seasons 4 and 5 were pretty stong. At any rate, there's no natural tension between the new characters, which is what made the show so good in the past -- everything seems contrived and it just feels flat.

I'm real disappointed in how they chose to use katee sackhoff, what a waste. I would have put her head to toe in tactical gear.

This would have been a good year to have put Jack in charge of CTU and to let some new hot shot run rogue.

I agree 100% there.

I'm real disappointed in how they chose to use katee sackhoff, what a waste. I would have put her head to toe in tactical gear.

They didn't put Jack in charge because perhaps 24 is not ending at season 8.

This would have been a good year to have put Jack in
charge of CTU and to let some new hot shot run rogue.

I disagree. Season 8 is not looking good but season 7 was exceptional.

I think 24 is finished. Last season was a downer and this one isn't doing any better.