SAINTS WIN THE SUPER BOWL 31-17 !!!!!

JL Sargent

Congrats Saints fans- well played clean game with no issues- the best team won. My Colts stunk up the field with poor coaching and play calling decisions. The beating was worse than the score indicated. Could have been a 30 point margain.

Enjoy the victory- you certainly deserve it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, we must give them their due. i'm actually happy for drew brees--i didn't like the way san diego treated him, so it's great to see him win a superbowl and they're still trying.

a couple of things though i'm getting tired of hearing. new orleans was destined to win because of hurricane katrina--come on, that was years ago...kinda hard to connect these two events now. heard a guy on espn radio this morning talking about this and he said, "yeah 9-11 sure helped the new york knicks didn't it." also, it is way to soon to start talking about where brees ranks amongst the all time greats; but, that is the first thing i heard this morning. i guess those cats on the radio have to talk about something.

• Moderators

a couple of things though i'm getting tired of hearing. new orleans was destined to win because of hurricane katrina--come on, that was years ago...kinda hard to connect these two events now

I am also sick of hearing about katrina, yes it was bad but get over it, it's been years and it's getting very old. Not that everything is back to normal in many areas but how many years are we going to hear this, I think it's been enough.

• Moderators

dtel & wife (an' you mama an' dem Wink ), here's a neat you tube clip somebody posted from Rock & Bowl at the end of the game.

Cheers and tears...

http://www.wwltv.com/sports/black-and-gold/videos/Tears-smiles-flow-at-Rock-N-Bowl-83778277.html

Oh yea, I know that was a fun place to be, we were there Saturday night.

Started out next door at Ye Olde College Inn for an Oyster po boy [:P] ( there rated 3 in NO for that po boy ) then walked next door for some music and a party. I don't need to tell you it was a fun time, you have been there.

Michael was with us, I think he was a little surprised at everything [;)], after that we went over to the French Quarter until we got tired, then went home.

After the super bowl last night the local news had some film of the traffic jams from people heading to the French Quarter at 12 at night, they were still trying to get to the Quarter at midnight and were just parking on the road and having there own party. We were not crazy enough to go after the game, it was really crazy down there.

Going to the parade tomorrow, I would guess it will be crazy, OK I am sure it will be.

I am so glad it was a good, clean game, with a two touchdown spread.....that kind of win leaves no room for doubt the Saints are #1.

Paaaaleasssseeeee.

But you did win the Superbowl. So Congrats for that.

Stormin, you obviously have a major size chip on your shoulder. So how about stating it this way.... "That kind of win leaves no doubt the Colts are #2".

Its the little green monster at play, the Saints are the Champs, there is no doubt about it.

The onesides kick (great coaching, great execution)

The two point conversion (great execution, that was really amazing how he contorted his body)

The interception.

Saints won by keeping Manning off the field and when he came onto the field he needed a touch down to tie, so he and the team had to take more chances. The interception is not all his fault, Wayne and mostly Porter had a lot to do with is as well. He is a great quarterback for sure, but Brees was better.

I am so glad it was a good, clean game, with a two touchdown spread.....that kind of win leaves no room for doubt the Saints are #1.

Paaaaleasssseeeee.

Stormin, you obviously have a major size chip on your shoulder. So how about stating it this way.... "That kind of win leaves no doubt the Colts are #2".

No chip. My team played like crap and they lost. Defense looked like the defense of old in the second half. Peyton had one pass in 70 real time minutes. I saw the game 10-3 midway through second quarter and watched Garcon drop a perfect pass that didnt have a defender between him and the goal line. Talk about a game changer. Then I watched the Saints kick an onside kick which would of gave Indy the ball on the Saints 35 yard line. The reason folks loved it cause it worked but that was a Bellocheat move. I watched the Saints own the ball for 13 minutes in 2nd quarter and 4 downs within the 5 yard line and coudn't put it in and only got 3 points for the whole quarter. Only reason they even got 3 was poor play calling to give the Saints back the ball for a 47 yard field goal to end the half. Yeah I saw the Colts dominate the Saints first quarter and come away with 10. I saw the Saints control the ball an entrie second quarter and come away with 3. Then we all saw some weird crap to start the the 3 rd . Hero or idiot he just got the bounce. I watched Peyton drive down the field right after that and go ahead again. For someone to act like it was a cake walk when with 3 minutes to go you were looking at a tie game instead goes for 73 the other way which puts the game out of reach. Then to watch Peyton drive it down the field and Reggie drop a pass on the goal line that was in his hands. Just dropped balls, dumb play calling and a coach acting like he was scared to be there.

But to say the score reflects the game or it should of been 30 or gloating about how you just killed the Colts and the score proves it I say [bs] We obviously didnt watch the same game unless you missed all that in my first paragraph.

As far as Colts number 2 nah. I still think they overachieved this year. I never saw this happeining this year with all the rookie receivers they had and with so many injuries this year.

Saints won the Superbowl. They are the Champs. Play the Vikings 10 times you might win twice. I think the best team of this season gave the game away and would of killed the Colts in the Superbowl.

Who are you to know what I think. You don't obviously have a clue about me whatsoever.

State anything you want anyway you want and I'll do the same.

Play the Vikings 10 times you might win twice.

The Vikings could not win game 1. They would not have a quarterback after game 2. They would lose all the rest.

I think the best team of this season gave the game away and would of killed the Colts in the Superbowl.

Any of 5 NFC teams would have killed the Colts. The Colts were AFC champs, and the AFC is populated by easy-to-beat teams. NFC rules the roost.

• Moderators

Paaaaleasssseeeee.

No chip. My team played like crap and they lost. Defense looked like the defense of old in the second half. Peyton had one pass in 70 real time minutes. I saw the game 10-3 midway through second quarter and watched Garcon drop a perfect pass that didnt have a defender between him and the goal line. Talk about a game changer. Then I watched the Saints kick an onside kick which would of gave Indy the ball on the Saints 35 yard line. The reason folks loved it cause it worked but that was a Bellocheat move. I watched the Saints own the ball for 13 minutes in 2nd quarter and 4 downs within the 5 yard line and coudn't put it in and only got 3 points for the whole quarter. Only reason they even got 3 was poor play calling to give the Saints back the ball for a 47 yard field goal to end the half. Yeah I saw the Colts dominate the Saints first quarter and come away with 10. I saw the Saints control the ball an entrie second quarter and come away with 3. Then we all saw some weird crap to start the the 3 rd . Hero or idiot he just got the bounce. I watched Peyton drive down the field right after that and go ahead again. For someone to act like it was a cake walk when with 3 minutes to go you were looking at a tie game instead goes for 73 the other way which puts the game out of reach. Then to watch Peyton drive it down the field and Reggie drop a pass on the goal line that was in his hands. Just dropped balls, dumb play calling and a coach acting like he was scared to be there.

But to say the score reflects the game or it should of been 30 or gloating about how you just killed the Colts and the score proves it I say PWK BS Button We obviously didnt watch the same game unless you missed all that in my first paragraph.

As far as Colts number 2 nah. I still think they overachieved this year. I never saw this happeining this year with all the rookie receivers they had and with so many injuries this year.

Saints won the Superbowl. They are the Champs. Play the Vikings 10 times you might win twice. I think the best team of this season gave the game away and would of killed the Colts in the Superbowl.

Stormin':

In your own words..."Please"....spare me. You are kidding right.

No one said the Colts didn't overachieve, however the Saints won FAIR AND SQUARE. Take away the three field goals and we still won by five points. I don't believe we need to justify the fact that we are Number 1.

Do you think the Saints were without injuries???

Going into the game Manning had eleven interceptions on the season.....Brees had two....it was obvious....if Manning played his "usual" game the Saints would intercept. Saints had double the rushing yards for the season over the Colts. Hellllllooooooo two very important stats in a game, IMO.

I just don't get your attitude, are you sure you aren't Peyton's brother......I mean Peyton couldn't even manage to shake Brees' or Sean Payton's hand....instead he was going to "give them a call". I don't think that has ever ocurred in the history of a Super Bowl game. But....that's okay....we...the Saints, the Saints' fan and the residents of this area know who we are.........WE ARE NUMBER ONE BABY!

I could send you some cheese to go with your "whine" but that would just be too rude and us folks down here don't act like that!

Are you this upset because the Vikings lost?

I've been having a great time down here amongst the 'enemy'. Wore my blue and white at the Rock N Bowl and for some reason became somewhat of a mini-celebrity. Several girls wanted to have their photo taken with me. One waitress proclaimed me 'the bravest guy in the bar'! Everyone was as nice as could be, reminded me of the young Jets couple that sat next to Roger and I at Lucas Oil Stadium a few weeks ago. When out-of-towners come in to enjoy a GAME, locals make them feel welcome, and I've never felt more welcome than I have hanging out at Dtels.

I thought it a cleanly played game and can admit outright that from my perspective the Colts were out-coached (onside kick opening the half!), and out-played. You can't throw interceptions and expect to win a Superbowl. I'm happy for the City of New Orleans and the entire Who Dat region (Saints fans extend for several states). I don't know if this is some psychic repayment for Katrina, but it's nice to see some degree of healing and community spirit thrive in this city. We toured the 9th ward and saw a lot of rebuilding but there are still large areas of vast wasteland and foundations cleared of their buildings. They paint them pink or red, possibly so they can be seen from the air easily.

I took Amtrak down here and dread what my car will look like when I get back to Champaign IL. Heading down to the city for the parade today. I've got my gold and black (Klipsch) shirt on and a Purdue sweatshirt so I'll blend in a little bit better today LOL.

yall's buddy,

Michael

post-10755-13819540012546_thumb.jpg

post-10755-13819567078712_thumb.jpg

post-10755-13819568457666_thumb.jpg

Cut & pasted from wikipedia under the title of "Sore Loser"

But to say the score reflects the game or it should of been 30 or gloating about how you just killed the Colts and the score proves it I say PWK BS Button We obviously didnt watch the same game unless you missed all that in my first paragraph.

Simply amazing...........

(tom walks away woefully shaking his head)

While watching the game I couldn't help but flashback to the games I went to at Chew-Lane stadium and the ones I went to at "The Dome" or the Monday mornings that we'd all don our bags at Martin-Marietta (now Lockheed Martin).

Personally, I liked the fact that the refs let the teams decide the game and just let 'em play. That's the way it should be.

The score might've been 31 - 17, but it was a game of inches here & there. Opportunities lost & won.

I bet Archie slapped Peyton up side his head for walking off spoiled sport like dat.

Made me cry seeing Brees with son in arms at ceremony.

Up until the interception I was yelling AT the Saints just as I did 30+ years ago. LOL.......

I say they either change the rules so teams can't rely on aerial attacks & run the ball more or put flags on the hips of the players.

Tom

• Moderators

Tom Adams said, "I bet Archie slapped Peyton up side his head for walking off spoiled sport like dat." Made me cry seeing Brees with son in arms at ceremony.

We are going to the Saints' Super Bowl Parade today. Colter is wearing his Purdue University sweatshirt today....good sport that he is. Something I noticed, Purdue's colors......Black and Gold????? Go figure! Purdue University is in Indiana! Kind of makes you scratch your head and realize, everything always goes full circle.

I believe you are correct sir. Archie Manning is a true gentleman in every way and would have never left the field without shaking his opponent's hand. After all, Archie had to "suck it up" a lot and did it with all humbleness and in style. I have always admired the Manning family, including Peyton, however my opinion of Peyton dropped a few notches after his behavior following the game Sunday. I know he was raised better than that.

Shaking your opponents hand....win or lose.....is something every child learns from the very beginning in any sports activity.

As far as Drew Brees goes, he is truly a blessing for the City of New Orleans and the entire region....win or lose....he and the entire Saints' organization have given their all to this region.

I think Peyton atoned for his snub at the subsequent news conference. Even with that lapse he is a first-class person and the Colts are a class team.

I was downtown this morning for a few hours preparing a bid for work on the newly re-named "Benson Tower" overlooking the Superdome. Parade preps were everywhere. Coulter d'tels, this will be a great event; a humongous, mohanchis, Mothra-scaled parade. They've selected the best and biggest floats from 20 or so of the best Mardi Gras parades. They were moving them from Blaine Kern's vast warehouses this morning over to the 'Dome. They'll be joined by 15 local marching bands and seeded with a variety of typical parade regalia: flambeau carriers, horse units, second-liners and the like.

BUNDLE UP!!!

Oh, and PARKING WAS FREE this morning at the New Orleans Centre. How cool is that?

Colts had the lead for 48 minutes and 52 seconds and the Saints held the lead for 11 minutes and 8 seconds.

Yeah the Colts got crushed. I mean seriously what a beat down.

Go party don't worry about what Colts fans or fan thinks.

You won the Superbowl. I'm just not going to do any celebrating over it.

Drew Brees played up here 60 miles from me for years at PU. Couldn't stand him then and can't stand him now.

Reggie Bush and USC don't even get me started.

Oh, Im a Notre Dame fan by the way. I've grown accustomed to losing so all this "cheese with your whine" comments sounds a little comical.