Making an upgrade tomorrow...and they're here!

wuzzzer

are you getting a new tv ? btw wuzzer do you have pics of your system in the forum ?

Nope. It is something that will be changed in my signature below that's audio related. I will post pics.

One thing I will be doing is moving my TV and speakers from the short wall to the long wall. It will be nice to get a lot more distance between the fronts and side surrounds. Right now the fronts are butted up to my TV with only about 5 feet between them.

...and there they are folks! 1988 Walnut Oil Forte Is. Beautiful! Solid 8.5-9 condition. The more I look at the walnut the more I love it.

The seller I bought them from originally had a 7.1 setup with walnut Cornwall mains, walnut Forte I side and rear surrounds and a walnut Forte I center speaker. He originally intended to sell everything as a complete set but ended up parting it out. He still has the Forte center available. I was really tempted to use it but I was afraid that with the changes I've made to my Forte IIs (that I would use as front mains) that the sound wouldn't match up as well as another Forte II. Plus the way my room/TV/TV stand are set up I'd have to put the Forte on its side on a shelf above the TV

I'm also in the process of moving everything from the short wall to the long wall in my room. Can't wait to have more space between the speakers.

Oh, the seller also included a pair of very nice, very heavy metal stands that are 24" high. That way the speakers will be at the proper height for surround-sound.

Going to start the move right now!

Well, one is in place. Pardon the mess. My wife is painting our basement and everything isn't as tidy as it normally is.

Posted Image

Man, Fortes look HUGE when they're up on stands. Each time I walk by this one it seems like it grows in size. I could have bought the seller's Cornwalls that were also on similar stands. Yikes!