Just another day in the big city

winchester21

Monday night- I am enjoying a mixed drink- It is 7 pm and the ups man is late. I am looking for a delivery. Abouy 7: 30 the doorbell rings- I t must be the UPS man so I go running out the carport door to meet 2 uniformed city cops. They show their badges and I ask them what I can do for them. they start asking me questions such as what time I went to bed Sunday night- where is my bedroom window- did I hear anything/see anytrhing Sunday night?? So I am asking them what this is all about?? They inform me that 2 women were rammed by a car at the next stoplight- The women drove somewhere near my front yard and stopped to insepct the dammage on their car. They were approached by the driver of the other car who pulled a gun and forced them into his car or him into their car- not sure - details not released. The carjacker takes them to an ATM- they are not able to get any money- He brings them back - and proceeds to rape one of the women literally 75 feet from my bed room window while we were sleeping. He proceeds to another nearby locationj and rams another car with a woman driving. She gets out to look at the car- He robbs her at gunpoint. So-- I get home today- news trucks all over the place up and down my street. this is an uposcale neighborhood and nothing has ever happened around here like this. My wife is freaking out. This is unreal - ike something out of a bad movie. This happened at 2 AM. He apparently followed the 2 women leaving a popular neighborhood bar about 1 mile away,

i hear ya. one night my daughter was on the porch of her boyfriend's house saying goodbye and some gang bangers started shooting down the street (not at my daughter) several bullets hit her car and blew out the back window. makes me sick, and we live in an expensive beach town--go figure!

houses are 500k-3 mil on this street- makes no difference- I fell sick at my stomach every time I look out across rhe front yard, That girl is somebodys daughter , sister , mother, and or wife. My wife is freaked out. We have been dodging news cameras this evening. I hope something really bad happen to the rapist.

Man Winchester that sent cold shivers down my spine, goes to show no one is safe!! What did the women do when the scum left?? At 75 feet away I would have thought they would have ran for the nearest place to call the police or at least feel safe.

To bad you could not have taken target pratice on this scumbag, you probably have something lying around with enough stopping power that he would not do something like this again.

Stay safe!!!

"Got ammo!!!!!" thread comes to mind....

Winchester: That's serious stuff for an upscale neighborhood; very serious indeed. Do you have a neighborhood "crime watch" organization. If not, time to "organize". Police departments tend to pay alot of attention to those organizations, particularly in upscale (money and voters) neighborhoods..... and there tends to be an increased "presence"....

Good luck and stay safe (keep the weps loaded and spare mags in easy to reach places.....)

More details are made public- he forced his way into their car- left his parked- drove back in their car after the empty ATM trip- raped the girl - groped the other one- got out and left in his car- Dont know what the girls did- The cops have not said. I spent all night dodging news people- They showed my house on channel 36 last night- pissed me off. I had to chase one away this morning so I could get out of the driveway. + one on the firepower.

The girls brother was on the news last night- said He hoped the cops catch the rapist before he does.

This is like something out of a bad movie

The girls brother was on the news last night- said He hoped the cops catch the rapist before he does.

It is a da&n shame, I´m with him in his boat!!! Woe be it that I would catch the guy that would do that to someone I loved. I´d probably do like the guy in the movie 7 and think of the worst way to punish him. Rapists and child molesters are under every sicko slimebag that there is! I hope the brother catches him first!!!

It is a da&n shame, I´m with him in his boat!!! Woe be it that I would catch the guy that would do that to someone I loved. I´d probably do like the guy in the movie 7 and think of the worst way to punish him. Rapists and child molesters are under every sicko slimebag that there is! I hope the brother catches him first!!!

And if the brother goes to trial, I'd LOVE to be on THAT jury.

Oh yea...... That would be fun...... My wife was called for jury duty the other day.... They let her go 'cause I am a LE officer and they always ask the question, "Do you think you could be fair and impartial?" She always answers, "Of course! If he wasn't guilty, he would not have been arrested by those nice folks that work with my husband..." They always let her off the hook.... [H]

• Moderators

"Got ammo!!!!!" thread comes to mind....

Winchester: That's serious stuff for an upscale neighborhood; very serious indeed. Do you have a neighborhood "crime watch" organization. If not, time to "organize". Police departments tend to pay alot of attention to those organizations, particularly in upscale (money and voters) neighborhoods..... and there tends to be an increased "presence"....

Good luck and stay safe (keep the weps loaded and spare mags in easy to reach places.....)

I think that's a real good idea, me I would also carry something to protect myself while out in the neighborhood if you walk occasionally.

Just a thought, it may also help your wife out to walk with you to get over some things she feels about this. Walking the neighborhood gives you a completely different look of the area.

Very little communication in neighborhood- in transition from older longtime residents to Yuppies. Yes the wife is very upset and paranoid after this. The 2 day barrage of news cameras did not help. Amazing how one dirtbag can changfe the whole illusion of safety of an area. I just hope they catch- or shoot this guy, What a worthless coward.

I look at my News Feed about Local stuff each day. Yesterday their was an article about Busting a Prostitution Ring. I google the Address and WOW..............

It is directly behind my back yard and just down the street.................

Too close for comfort !

It happens elsewhere too. I owned a condo on a golf course in rural Orange County, Ca. The master bedroom sits right off the 11th tee. It has a huge window that goes nearly to the floor. On this hole there is a lake loaded with waterfowl. It is also hot. I keep my windows wide open leaving only the screen in place. One morning my dog is in a fixed gaze at the window. I look out and there's 2 dead and well mauled ducks not 6 inches from the window. Some predator had captured and killed the things and had eaten only the choice parts (duck breast). All of this with me sleeping about 7 feet away a lot more soundly than I knew. I figure coyote but it could have been anything. There were mountain lions and bobcats in the area also. Creeped me out.