If I might be a bit of a smart hiney, we all have them painted.... black!

[;)]

I think Travis received his naked and is going to do something with them other than black. Having more patience than Job, he's messing around with other things in life right now as far as I know and either not using his setup or maybe just not working on refinishing it.

As far as I know, everyone else has the deluxe option of black

You know, black is slimming?!

[:D]

Piant nooooo. Chrome plate that beauty.

Prior to getting mine I was thinking about having them powder coated. I had two problems with the idea of doing this.

1. Powder coating needs to stick on metal and is baked at something like 400 degrees?

2. Since these are some form of plastic, the poweder coating would not stick AND baking them would be problematic

My memory is that a coupe of folks looked into the possibility of have a auto body place paint them. At this point I don't think anything was completed. My guess is that there are 4 concerns. 1) color and sheen, 2) do you fill the bolt holes for a clean surface. 3) do you try and smooth the back side of the horn (probably difficult), 4) an auto body place can be expensive, especially if there is much prep work required (see points # 2& 3).

Are you going down this path?

You should be able to paint it with any high quality automotive paint with good results. Are you looking to sand it down smooth or paint over the textured finish?

As far as I know the K402 has always had a smooth black finish. If you have a picture of a textured finished one please post it.

Thanks,

mike tn[:)]