road trip

Daddy Dee

Tony Reed and I made a road trip to Russellville to harrass Bob and Michael Crites in person.

We had a chance to do some listening on their new jub inspired project. They have a pair of cloned bass bins using a couple of Selenium drivers on topof each for mid and tweeter. So, it's actually a three way implementation of a jub type speaker.

The sound is very good and jub like. Don't need to say much more, the sound is just most enjoyable.

The economy of a three way is impressive compared to the cost of ea single HF driver doing a decent job.

Also, this was the second time I'd heard their 12 inch built to spec Eminence woofer. This is a home run driver.

Hope to have a chance to do some comparison to a two way jub setup on another trip.

As always, thanks Michael and Bob for the good tunes and hospitality.

Don't need to say much more, the sound is just most enjoyable.

No pictures on a road tripSad. How was the sound more enjoyable?

Yeh. We really need to do better on pics.

The Jubilee is an awesome speaker in the lineage of the Heritage species. As it was originally designed, Mr PWK intended for this speaker to be the 50th anniversary Khorn. What happened though, it was not just an incremental improvement of the Khorn. It's sound is actually kicked up a notch above the Khorn. It would need to have it's own place and not re-place the Khorn.

The sound is definitely Heritage, but with more authority than the Khorn. You can actually feel the air moving to your chest with that mighty bass bin. The experience is just wonderful. The HF is very present and articulate, but with that pleasant Heritage live sound.

Funny, my wife just walked by and asked if that was a chest of drawers. I said "no, its obviously a speaker". She replied "anything that big should have drawers." Hmm

And my wife said when she saw that "Oh, that's nice to have the shelves for CD's."

Bob

That is a Selenium HM4750SLF horn with Selenium D405 driver. The tweeter is a Selenium D220Ti on a Selenium HM1725 horn.

Bob

OK, so I know I can't make you laugh Bob, so on a serious note, when will you be done with your listening and testing on this set up, and what are your impressions?........................You have to at least smile about the drawer comment, that's just funny[:D], I asked Al this, but you may have already gone here, have you ever tested the K67 driver from the RF 7's? BTW, I will be calling you tomorrow to order the 125's for my build.

That is a Selenium HM4750SLF horn with Selenium D405 driver. The tweeter is a Selenium D220Ti on a Selenium HM1725 horn.

Bob

OK, so I know I can't make you laugh Bob, so on a serious note, when will you be done with your listening and testing on this set up, and what are your impressions?........................You have to at least smile about the drawer comment, that's just funnyBig Smile, I asked Al this, but you may have already gone here, have you ever tested the K67 driver from the RF 7's? BTW, I will be calling you tomorrow to order the 125's for my build.

Well, I guess testing is done on these. I would have been back into that if Dee or Tony had any suggestions for improvement.

I think they sound very good, but it is best for others to describe that. I decided they should sound good before ever listening to them based on testing. What others who have heard them say about the sound is much more important than what I say.

I have never tested an RF-7 driver.

Bob