Anyone ever been attacked while fishing?

Dylanl

I was fishing for small mouth the other day and suddenly a huge Canadian Goose flew right at my head out of nowhere! Once he landed he charged me multiple times wings spread and hissing and snapping his bill. I had to smack it with my rod just to get away. Maybe a nest was near but my oh my are these BIG geese MEAN! My heart was pounding like the cops were chasing me ;)

yep- several angry goose incidents- A huge cottonmouth dropped into our jonboat on Santee Cooper once. Got him out from under the metal seat with starting ether. Not a happy camper

Hint- those geese are T bone steak under 5 pounds of feathers- I know firsthand[6]

Yeah, geese are stout little birds aren't they? They scare the begeesus out of you. They WILL defend their territory, that's for sure. It's best to move about 100 yards down the shore, sometimes more. If you keep your eyes open you can see them coming at you before they get all mid-evil. It's funny a bird can be so fierce but they sure make a convincing display don't they?

• Moderators

One time I caught a Pelican, I was casting out a long way and the Pelican was taking off and flew right across the line and got tangled up. I had to reel it in to get it free, the bird almost beat my friend and myself to death trying to untangle it.

Another time we had the front of the boat pulled right up to the marsh fishing away from land and turned to find two Raccoons had climbed into the boat and were after the live bait. They were not shy and did not want to leave, they get pretty mean when they don't get there way.

I got bit by a worm once.

don't be embarrassed about that--some of the worms out there are particularly fierce. And, if former President Carter were a member of this forum, he could post about being attacked by a rabbit. Personally, I was viciously attacked once after drinking the last beer.

I got bit by a worm once.

don't be embarrassed about that--some of the worms out there are particularly fierce. And, if former President Carter were a member of this forum, he could post about being attacked by a rabbit. Personally, I was viciously attacked once after drinking the last beer.

IMO OSHA shoudl get involved in this. There should be some form of PPE required to prevent viscious worm attacks, or lessen their severity.