Where can I find info on La Scala vs Jube/Scala

chrapladm

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What actual content exists at those frequencies? Music very rarely goes below 30Hz, except for notes produced by 32-foot organ pipes. Do explosions go below 20Hz?

For that matter, do any recordings carry information below 20Hz?

There's really only one choice for single digit wavelengths: http://www.rotarywoofer.com/index.htm

Of course, you know that you must either build this device into your attic/basement, or you must build a partition on your room (which you lose access to) in order to filter out the fan noise from this device...

[;)]

A better question is: "How loud must it be at 5 Hz to hear it?", i.e., Fletcher-Munson effects.

Chris

I think that down that low one is only interested in feeling it, not hearing it. [H]

What actual content exists at those frequencies?

Film.

Do explosions go below 20Hz?

They definitely do.

I've seen waterfall plots for some films which have 7Hz information. Black Hawk Down is a prime example.

http://www.ultimateavmag.com/images/archivesart/1004way.waterfalls.jpg

Lord of The Rings. Incredible Hulk, U-571,Master and Commander, Finding Nemo, Terminator Salvation, Transformers 2 and so on and so on.

There are a few cd's I have also that have content lower than 15hz:

Battle Music of Beethoven and Liszt(5hz), 1812 Overture(7hz canons), Great Fantasy/Adventure Album(10hz most of the album), and Time Warm(13hz most of the cd)

And when it comes to subs mine will handle sub 10hz no problem. And I didn't need to spend $28,000.

My subs wont be doing -.5 hz or anything like that. And definitely not able to be flat to 2hz like the rotary sub can.

Some tests had been done where they where sending 5hz signals to the sub which is housed on a Uhaul truck and had microphones 4km away. They had significant content registering on the mikes but of coarse they also had some interference noises also. BUT thats still pretty impresive with a sub as small as the rotary sub.

Only thing I can think of that impressed me more was rhe Danley sub that was built into a semi trailer half crate.

And when it comes to subs mine will handle sub 10hz no problem. And I didn't need to spend $28,000.

Well, there's nothing like trying to rewrite the laws of physics. Good luck.

Why do you say that? I've metered 110 dB @10 Hz (120 dB @ 20 Hz) at my seated position from my IB which is 14' away. I've only got about 2K in drivers and amp.