What are these Klipsch speakers worth?

hanneke

Hi there,

I have never been to this site. However 2 years ago when I moved into my house the previous owner left his Klipsch speakers. I thought the sound was great so I kept them. Now I am moving to a much smaller house and have no space for them anymore. So I posted them on Craigslist to see what happens.

Then I received a lot of emails, I didnt expect that since I had never heard of Klipsch (sorry...)

So now I would like to know how much they are worth?

They are 23.5 by 24.5 and 35 high.

There is a sticker on the back that reads: Klipsch loudspeaker system. Scala. type:LS BLS . Serial: 2IT917. Then some patent numbers and it is inspected and tested and signed by 2 different people.

My next question is of course how do I post a picture, there seems to be no option for that.

Sorry for my ignorance, hopefully somebody can help me out.

Those are things you should research before you put an item up for sale. It really is frustrating when items are posted on craigslist and then people get flooded with emails, then turn around and jack up the prices on what they're selling.

What were you asking for them?

I guess you are right. However I had never heard of them so I thought, lets just see what will happen. I have no intention

to jack up the price. I would just like to give people an answer when they ask what I am asking, that's all.

Where are you located? Perhaps one of use can come over and leave cash with you. They might as well stay in the Klipsch 'family'.

How much?

To post pic, look up and see "options", file attachment, browse to file, look far to right, hit save, wait, post. These gets you one pic. Or you can enter the link to a photo bucket account or such.

The LS, and the T in the serial number indicate that you have a pair of 1979 La Scalas. They also have the optional grille on the high frequency section.

La Scalas in good condition are usually keepers. Will you always be in a smaller space? Pretty well any speakers you replace them with will not sound nearly as good.

Why don't we take this to the Garage Sale Forum if you want to sell here.

Be prepared to have several good photos of each side, top and back of each speaker. One of the crossovers (electronics) and serial number tags. The price they bring will be determined by condition and location. Too costly to ship. You will have to set you own price. How quickly do you want them gone? Either pop a price you want right now, there are several members in your area or do some searches on ebay and audiogon.

So now I would like to know how much they are worth?

I'd guess about $600-$1000 depending on the cosmetic shape that they're in and if they're fully functional, You might be able to get more depending on the demand in your area. For instance, in my area (D/FW) they'd probably be worth something like $900+.

Chris