Just ordered a Macbook Pro

J.4knee

Yup Mac laptops are the best.

Use safari or chrome instead of safari.

I try to use firefox or chrome instead of using safari instead of safari... [;)]

I noticed the ipad pretty much instantly obsoleted the macbook air....

Yup Mac laptops are the best.

Use safari or chrome instead of safari.

I try to use firefox or chrome instead of using safari instead of safari... Wink

I noticed the ipad pretty much instantly obsoleted the macbook air....

That is exactly what I meant to say and it is true : ) Sometimes I can't type what brain says.

macs a pretty and neat. Not to mention overpriced for a fancy gui, I suppose though it's better then MS, however, windows 7 is pretty sharp.

If you want the stability mac has to offer then other unix based OS's would do better at a fraction of the cost. If you ask me when Apple started to allow other hardware manufacturers to run their software is when theylet themselfs go.

In the past macs worked so well when ms didn't because macs software was hardware specific which meant they didn't have to program for all the anomalies in different devices like ms did. The speacialized software deisgn to function at it's best with specific hardware which limited its library base and minimized problems and crashes.

MS libraries got so huge the computer couldn't keep up with what device said computer had and wanted to access.

None the less great purchase, enjoy it, the new i3 i5 and i7 intel processors are pretty cool.

In the past macs worked so well when ms didn't because macs software was hardware specific which meant they didn't have to program for all the anomalies in different devices like ms did. The speacialized software deisgn to function at it's best with specific hardware which limited its library base and minimized problems and crashes.

They aren't really a whole lot different now.The OS is still optimized for specific hardware, which for the mos part makes it very stable. Certainly not any less stable than it was when running on the Power PC processors.

The performance is definately far better with the Intel CPUs.

Bruce

15.4 inch Glossy HD display
2.53 GHZ Intel Core I5
4 GB DDR3 Ram
500GB SATA 7200 drive
8x Superdrive
Backlit Keyboard
iWork
Bento 3

Yeah I am stoked

Sorry to hear that. [;)]

We use Macs at work and I don't like them. I'm a PC guy until I die.

I work in publishing. I see them a lot. I have six Mac servers just in my facility.

Congrats on the new Mac, J. Firefox on the Mac is a great user experience and I think you'll like it. I've been through Windows, FreeBSD, various Linuxes, SGI IRIX, and finally found a home on the Mac. If Ubuntu had good commercial software support it could be a winner, but since it doesn't, the Intel Mac is the only choice when you want well-implemented commercial software with an elegant GUI on top of a stable UNIX kernel and the ability to run Windows in a virtual machine for the software that just isn't Macwise. Yes Intuit, I'm talking to you.

15.4 inch Glossy HD display

2.53 GHZ Intel Core I5

4 GB DDR3 Ram

500GB SATA 7200 drive

8x Superdrive

Backlit Keyboard

iWork

Bento 3

Yeah I am stoked

Sorry to hear that. Wink

We use Macs at work and I don't like them. I'm a PC guy until I die.

Been using PC's since the 80's we use em at work, tired of the endless pushes, updates and bolt on crap you need with a PC. I've built and rebuilt more PC's than I can count. I got started into Mac's using my wife's little macbook she uses as a teacher. I used to be endlessly annoyed by Mac evangelists, but the bottom line is they work. IMO a Mac has far greater attention to detail than any PC. But hey it is all about preferences. If you like your PC........

I work in publishing. I see them a lot. I have six Mac servers just in my facility.

Ok... Just wondering, because I have read dissent in the mac community on occasion. Is the facility graphics or motion picture related by any chance?

Yes, book and magazine publishing, so we have intense image and font management requirements. The Mac products are more mature and robust in this particular segment than their PC counterparts.

Ok... Just wondering, because I have read dissent in the mac community on occasion. Is the facility graphics or motion picture related by any chance?

Yes, book and magazine publishing, so we have intense image and font management requirements. The Mac products are more mature and robust in this particular segment than their PC counterparts.

Yes, Here is a tidbit: The Department of defense contracted PC's for individual workstations and servers. The audiovisual media services use loaded up MACs.

I use an Imac with garage band as a "quick mix" in my drum room.

just use the left arrow key

Yeah I tried that. It did not erase backwards like a backspace key. Maybe it was a peculiarity to his machine? Just curious.

You use the "Delete" key to backspace on a Mac. If you want to delete like the "Delete" key on a PC works, you have to use "Fn"+"Delete".