MWM question for you guys who have them

Coytee

5 years ago I'd have never believed that we'd unearth so many MWM/MCM and KP600 systems, know how to bring them back to condition, and swap them around between us. What a Community we have here !

M

Good point, dude. You were definitely a pioneer in that area....very gutsy. I was a pair on Ebay years ago for like $50 and thought: "What the heck would I do with these?"

It was the trip to Hope in 2007 that convinced me.......listnening to different bass sections with the K402/K-69, it was the MWM bass that kicked the most bouttee (French version). I was hooked after that.

If you have played them outdoors, the question is, how far do you want to be from them for best sound?

I'm in California, I'm thinking that's a good distance!

If the band you're playing is named 'Disaster Area, you'll want to be 60 miles away in a concrete bunker when you fire those babies up

you need to cover an opening

I think that's a very good idea.

I've already had the thought of protection go through my head however, I didn't think of that idea. I was thinking of a cover (think camera lens cover) that would go over the large horn opening to prevent them from getting inside. I like your idea even better since it's foolproof (you can't forget to put the cover on or it can't fall off)

Perhaps I'll look into doing both of them.

They will be stored inside our (my wifes) little trailer since most of the junk is now out of there. Truthfully, I'd just prefer to keep them in the garage but I'm going to have to be a very good boy to allow that to happen. I'm not sure that cranking Marie Osmond up to 120 db's is the quick way towards that goal.

Coytee I have a good idea for you, Indifferent really.

No PWK BS Button, since your probably going to store the MWM's under a porch or somewhere where animals can get to them you need to cover an opening.

Inside the first part of the horn which points to the rear, you need to cover with some hardware cloth 1/4" would probably work. this way nothing like mice or any animal can get to the driver and chew it up. A "somewhat" easy way to do this is to bend the edges of the hardware cloth around the outside and hold it down with a couple of screws with washers. If your worried about seeing it spray paint it black.

The dust is optional !

Richard,

Know this when choosing a mesh for this, besides the fact that mice and rats routinely chew through wires, a mouse can squeeze his body through any hole you can fit the diameter of a pencil... This is FACT!! [:(]

Roger

I used animal screen on mine. It is made for windows so dogs can't penetrate it, and it is extremely tough stuff. However, I installed mine before I put the woofers in, right where the woofers go. Carefully cut the screen to the shape of the hole and stapled all around so that the woofer would not touch it. I discussed with Roy and he said they used to use screen similar to that originally, mounted in the same place, and that it did not effect the sound.

I have cats that run through my MWMs and hide in them at times. The screen has worked perfectly for me.

If the band you're playing is named 'Disaster Area, you'll want to be 60 miles away in a concrete bunker when you fire those babies up

Hotblack Desiato is the best ajuitar keyboard player in many galaxies. His work on Only The End Of The World Again is amazing.