Google Chrome Browser

J.4knee

I tend to switch between Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. Each have there own advantages, but I find myself coming back to firefox. Chrome is fast, and a good browser overall. Firefx is the most secure. Opera has the most cool features like email and mouse gestures. Anyway, I would just keep trying Chrome and I am sure you will get used to it and like it.

Go on yourtube and check out the chroms speed test comercials, then check out the Opera parody, it is super funny.

This is a link for the Opera pardoy

Chrome is a bandwidth hog - it never shuts up - it reports back to goggle every moment of the day and night, whether it's in use OR NOT.

It's the vampire that you have to invite in...

once in, it just keeps on sucking.

Hard to get rid of as well.

I am still in XP and I had to hack the reg to clean it out.

N

Chrome is a bandwidth hog - it never shuts up - it reports back to goggle every moment of the day and night, whether it's in use OR NOT.

It's the vampire that you have to invite in...

once in, it just keeps on sucking.

Hard to get rid of as well.

I am still in XP and I had to hack the reg to clean it out.

N

Of course. Who would have guessed.

Chrome is a great browser. While some may be concerned with it "phoning home", it uses little bandwidth and should be of no concern, especially for those with broadband. The "phoning home" part is only used to keep it up to date and supply usage data. You never have to upgrade Chrome yourself. Usage data is only for targeting ads based on your usage and debugging. Some yell "privacy invasion" but no data collected has anything personal about you despite anything you may read about.

I'm a web developer. All of the browsers are excellent and it's more a matter of personal taste. The only browser you should avoid like the plague, because it is one, is Internet Explorer. For me it's for very serious technical issues alone.

I ilked it it was efficeint and reasonably fast.

But in the end it offered me nothing that Firefox did not already have.

.....and Firefox does not have the text formatting changed on this board the way Chrome and Safari do.

Firefox does not have the text formatting changed on this board the way Chrome and Safari do.

I don't see any formatting change. Do you mean the size of the font or the layout of the text? Is it possible you have Firefox or Chrome/Safari zoomed? Hold down the Ctrl key and press 'zero' to see if that fixes it.

I don't know why you are seeing it differently. The page markup, the code, is completely different in both posts. The first should not have any line breaks in it. This last one should. I see the line breaks in the last one but it's one continuous line in the first. It all looks the same in Firefox, Chrome and Opera.