Oh wow, it's a double rainbow........

sputnik

In case you haven't seen it yet.

Sput, all of a sudden in the last day or two, many youtube videos like this one don't play. Others do play.

Some non-player segments display a box saying "add to queue" when I click on another that also doesn't play. Any ideas what's goin' on or how to fix it? Thanks, Larry

In case you haven't seen it yet.

Sput, all of a sudden in the last day or two, many youtube videos like this one don't play. Others do play.

Some non-player segments display a box saying "add to queue" when I click on another that also doesn't play. Any ideas what's goin' on or how to fix it? Thanks, Larry

Larry, are you using Firefox? In the past couple weeks, Firefox has been struggling to play videos on youtube, MSN, and others. Our IT guy suggested Google Chrome.

Can you run IE 8?

Probably, and maybe that's the problem. It repeatedly pesters me to go to 8. Trouble is, it seems to want to lock me into something I'm not interested in. I'll look at it further when it pops up again.

Do you think that's it?

Can you run IE 8?

Probably, and maybe that's the problem. It repeatedly pesters me to go to 8. Trouble is, it seems to want to lock me into something I'm not interested in. I'll look at it further when it pops up again.

Do you think that's it?

I'm really not computer savvy. What I've read about IE 8 is that it "solves" the latest troubles. I was surprised that Firefox was having similar troubles, but switching to Google Chrome has solved them. Hopefully someone else here could be of more assistance, but you might need to start your own thread to get the proper attention. I'm always pleased that this forum has a wide enough knowledge base to help with almost any aspect of life. Best of luck to you.

Hey Larry, try this link.

Sput,

Sorry, but even though I called this up in IE 8, it STILL doesn't work! I just get a black screen that doesn't load or show any info at the bottom. Wierd and VERY frustrating, since I can't view many classical youtubes..

I may formally sign up with IE 8 to give it an ongoing trial.

EDIT: the awful Double R/B Song loads and plays like a, uh, charm. I suspect Youtube or Google messed around with a good thing, probably for commercial or money reasons.