Look what arrived at my office today

USNRET

I wanna take it for a spin.

I want to keep the boat in front of it; 4 each 225 hp outboards.

So is it necessity or money that is the, "mother of all ingenuity?" [:P]

I spent the afternoon with my Dad a week or so ago near the US/Canadian border and went past a Border Patrol boat that was powered by four 300HP Mercs. Dad's comment, "I'll bet they can troll at about 80mph!"

The really sick part is that CBP chases a lot of "GO Fasts" that have 6 of those monster outboards on them. When they get close to shoreline they scuttle the boat to pick up the 'cargo' later. These boats are made night and day and use brand new outboards.

Saw a show last weekend where someone reported " loud banging noises" coming from an empty warehouse (it was located in a border town of which I forget). The police investigate and find two Mexicans (later found to be illegals) cutting and jack-hammering a hole in the concrete floor. Further investigation reveals that the hole was to complete the exit of a tunnel that ran under an adjacent city street, under the border fence, ran another 50 or so yards and had an entrance in an empty warehouse on the Mexican side of the border. The tunnel was (according to experts) tug with sophistication in the bracing and concrete smooth floor, lighting and forced ventilation. They estimated that the 150+ yard long tunnel cost at least a million to complete. One Customs agent that specializes in that sort of thing said that it was just one of hundreds of drug running tunnels.

Tom