Romex Anyone

CapZark

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need for solid, just get any decent 14/12 gauge wire.

....and Home Depot/Lowes sells that by the foot also! Yes

Nothin' wrong with that.I bought some 14 gauge monster cable( in wall) at a local home center 75 ft for $10 on sale.There is good cable cheap all over if you look.

Dennie

The Highly Desirable Gate Valve..........

Brass_Gate_Valve.jpg&t=1

Dennie

This Spring I tried a matched quad of those valves in my British tube amp. After burn-in, they really opened up, filling my place with fluid sound. After a few weeks everything began to blossom.

"A ball valve is a man among boys. Instead of a knob, it uses a
lever. This valve has positive stops machined in that allows the lever
to move only 90 degrees. When the lever is parallel to the pipe, the
valve is open and water will flow. If the lever is perpendicular to the
pipe, the valve is closed."

Last a lot longer than gate valves, much more positive grip on the woofer - smoother signal flow due to the spherical machining.

post-30420-13819616800644_thumb.jpg

post-30420-13819620809566_thumb.jpg

I have some vampire wire I bought in the 80's, but I have to keep it in the dark or it will dissolve. The good thing is that it will live forever otherwise.

If you're going to elevate your cable off the carpet, don't go diy and use wooden stakes.

1040509741.jpg

The brass gate valves work nicely if you run either 1/2" or 3/4" copper pipe for the speaker connections. Another option would be copper tubing. The pipes or tubing allows for rolling different liquids inside for subtly effecting the sound. If you want you can use standard pipe insulation as well. Actually I am being serious, I think it would look cool introducing a plumbing vibe to the living room decor.

-Clash Dropped Inn

Dang guys, here I thought I was going to learn about some new gizzmo for my speakers and I get a freaking shut-off valve for my toilet instead!

Fini, I'm going to unwind all the other advice you been giving me including using mayonnaise as lube for my pots and cramming a wet sponge into my horns to disperse the sound in different directions. I'm begining to think you're just pulling my leg.

And what am I supposed to do with all this 8 gauge wire I bought!

come on now. everyone knows that copper tubing works better than copper wire. If you do the fish tank pump upgrade and pipe in pressured air it will keep your pipes cool at high volume levels.

The brass gate valves work nicely if you run either 1/2" or 3/4" copper pipe for the speaker connections.

Jeesh, not another 1/2" vs 3/4" pipe debate again.

I thought this debate had been resolved....1/2" requires more compression, 3/4" is much more open.

The brass gate valves work nicely if you run either 1/2" or 3/4" copper pipe for the speaker connections.

I thought this debate had been resolved....1/2" requires more compression, 3/4" is much more open.

I've never liked compression, I use solder.

• Moderators

Your probably right about the 3/4, which ever way you go make sure the air pump has a really good filter !

The last thing you would want is dirty air flowing through the pipes [:o], also I am sure you know already but to just be safe, the air pump must be elevated well above the floor, on some kind of stand equal distance from each speaker. [Y]