KHorn Project.

Guest David H

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David H

Thanks, Yes I am leaving them natural with a satin clear coat. I am anxious to give these a listen, the crossovers should arrive this week.

Hi Dave,

I do believe the bass bin for the KD2 is a smaller volumn than the KHorn after looking at your picture.

Are you using the 19" horn?

A couple of wedges glued together and screwed in place under the 26 lb 2482's did a good job for supporting the horn's.

BTW, did I ever get you some pictures of the finished tops (my memory is toast)?

Gary

Guest David H

Hi Dave,

I do believe the bass bin for the KD2 is a smaller volumn than the KHorn after looking at your picture.

Are you using the 19" horn?

A couple of wedges glued together and screwed in place under the 26 lb 2482's did a good job for supporting the horn's.

BTW, did I ever get you some pictures of the finished tops (my memory is toast)?

Gary

Gary, yes I am using the one inch version of the horn you have. I did not receive the finished pics, please send them to me.

Dave, I am suprised the trim wasn't made from a double or triple stack of baltic birch side "endgrain", that would really tie it all together. You must have considered it? I do think some trim is better than no trim. Amazing project btw. Awaiting you listening tests. I am new to this klispch stuff, but its funny how a klipsch bargain leads to a lot of work huh?

Guest David H

Dave, I am suprised the trim wasn't made from a double or triple stack of baltic birch side "endgrain", that would really tie it all together. You must have considered it?

I didn't consider stacking birch on end but I love the idea, I wish I had thought of it. Great idea for next time.

The crossovers arrived today so I got a bit of listening in, I hate to be to premature but I am thrilled so far. The clarity is top notch.

post-24405-13819617308884_thumb.jpg

post-24405-138196211886_thumb.jpg