I'm the Proudest Uncle in America

thebes

From an actual newspaper report of an actual police blotter:

" Village police ticketed (name redacted to protect the potentially innocent, until sentenced) , with
unnecessary noise—stereo at 2:15 a.m. Saturday on Market Street after they
responded to a noise complaint."

The accused system is one pair, Walnut, KG 5.2's driven by a Sansui 5000 old-school, SS receiver, provided to the alleged accused by yours truly.

I'm bursting with pride. The trial is shaping up to be one of the most controversial in the annals of Upstate New York since Woodstock . Demonstrators shouting the slogan "Turn It Up!" have mobbed the courthouse. The Great Codger, Thebes himself, may have to appear for the defense. Not since the Scopes Monkey Trial has....

congratulations, see you did make something of yourself! Big Smile

My reform officer would be so proud.

I neglected to add that the perp is 21, a senior in college and said infraction incurred in his apartment located conveniently across the street from a popular bar on the main drag of a small college town. It seems that the officers had been banging on the door for a full 5 minutes before anyone heard them.

He's a good kid who takes instruction well. I've always told him to try to dial in the system during the wee hours of the night when electrical interference is low and to play the music at a suitable level so he can easily recognize artifacts that might detract from the overall presentation.

I think the main problem is that he was over driving the KG's so I'll probably have to set him up with a pair of Cornwalls.