RF 82 Dissapointment....

Zenondream

Happy holidays people!

I just purchased a pair of RF82's to go with my Scott 222C 20watt/ch Tube amp with a cambridge ISOMAGIC DAC/CD transport.

I found very little detail and musicality compared to my other pair of JBL industrial series three way system, especially in the lower freq. spectrum.

Has anybody on this site compared the RF82 to the Heresy, Cornwall or any other Klipsch? Im looking for a really detail soundstage, imaging and listening quality for for audiophile not home theater. Any Thoughts anyone??

Has anybody on this site compared the RF82 to the Heresy, Cornwall or any other Klipsch? Im looking for a really detail soundstage, imaging and listening quality for for audiophile not home theater. Any Thoughts anyone??

No, but I have RF25s and Heresy IIIs. Something sounds wrong with your set-up, RF82s are pretty decent. Can you post a picture of your room layout? On the other hand if you want detail and imaging a panel speaker is what you are after. How about some nice Maggie 20.1s?

Happy holidays people!

I just purchased a pair of RF82's to go with my Scott 222C 20watt/ch Tube amp with a cambridge ISOMAGIC DAC/CD transport.

I found very little detail and musicality compared to my other pair of JBL industrial series three way system, especially in the lower freq. spectrum.

Zenon,

Welcome to The Forum!

Have you experimented with placement and room treatments?

If I were a betting man, I'd wager youare a Heritage guy when it comes to Klipsch.

The only comparisons I can offer is JBL L100s vs. Klipsch Heresy.

JBLs have more bass; Heresies have better midrange (by far) and overall better clarity. L100s are a cult classic (my dad LOVED his)....

But I recently got to demo an old pair; this confirmed my Heresy love WAS true. This was NOT A/B testing, but was within a short time, and the differences were pretty clear.

Sorry about your unhappiness with the RF82s. I have heard reference in the demo rooms....

I am not blown away either. They sound good; do not get me wrong; it is just not the same detailed wide soundstage I am currently enjoying.

(They do sound great in home theater applications)....

Different strokes for different folks......

Never underestimate the power of breaking in brand new speakers, if that hasn't been done yet. About 40 - 100 hours will cause the bass and mid-range to fill in substantially, and the dimensions to blossom out so that music will fill in the room better.

Also consider room temperature and humidity as definite factors which can affect the sound. I don't use air conditioning, and the difference in the sound of my RF-15s between winter (typical room temperature of 67 deg and dry) and summer (room temperature in the 80s with humidity of 75% or more) is quite noticeable.

I purchased a pair of RF-7II speakers about six weeks ago and felt as you do but with a little placement experimentation and some break-in time they sounded a 100% better and I am more than happy now. When I first hooked them up they had no detail no depth and a minimal sound stage and they excell in these area's now I am very happy with them. Give them some some really good break-in time and if they are anything like my 7's you will be much happier.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/142559.aspx?PageIndex=2

Ok, there is such thing as break in , but we do it in 20 min with 75% `input voltage at 20Hz. The complance of the woofers is where you would see the change. However, with that said, after 8 hr at 32V they had about 1 - 1.5db more output gain...not a lot of change....

Thanks peep's for all your reply's.....my concern is the quality of the Chinese Klipsch products.

I do have a chance to acquire a pair of Klipsch KLF20 at around $700.00 Canadian in mint condition, are they produced in the U.S and would the be a better fit then the RF82's which i paid $1100.00 Canadian?

Is there anyone on this site that would like to part with thier Heritage pair of Klipsch in the Ontario Canada area? Good working condition.