is klipsch , a bigger company than jbl,bose or monitor audio and the other well knowns

quadklipsh

• Moderators

Harman, which owns JBL, Infinity, among many others employs 9,482 people (according to their wiki)

Bose is private, so it's not easy to find, but it looks like maybe around 10,000 as well.

Klipsch, which owns Jamo, Energy and Mirage, employs about 260 people worldwide.

Does that help?

• Moderators

is klipsch a bigger company than these commonly heard of companies ?

I often wondered that same thing, then I kind of discovered that most of these companies are privately held, like Klipsch, and so sales figures are only what these companies choose to report or disclose to the media.

You have listed companies like Yamaha and JBL which are part of multinational conglomarates that sell many products in addition to speakers. Even though they are publicly traded they do not break down their sales figures by product line. The holding company for JBL, Harmon International, had 9,816 full-time employees, including 3,362 employees located in North America, in June of last year. Bowers and Wilkins has 300.Harmon International has sales of 3.3 billion, of that 2.4 billion was in automotive. That leaves 900 million for consumer and professional audio. From what I understand, Klipsch has sales in excess of 175 million.

I have been unable to find any sales figures from B&W, but it is still hard to compare since they are a UK company and are probably gov subsidized at least to some extent.

Another way to look at it is market share. From what I understand, Klipsch has, by far, the largest market share in the professional theater market.

Travis

• Moderators

Klipsch, which owns Jamo, Energy and Mirage, employs about 260 people worldwide.

So many excellent speakers designed, made and marketed by such a relatively small group of people? Very impressive! Yes
We are a very busy group of hard working people. My co-workers amaze me consistently with what they can accomplish. Keep in mind that number also includes accounting, IT, customer service, human resources, admin assistants... Everyone here works very hard!

To me, 260 employees world wide is not small by any means. 260 is a lot of employees.

I own a small business and well, we have no where near 260 employees. Embarrassed

Dennie

Dennie, I have my own small business too! It's just me and sometimes my younger brother.

260 employees would be crazy!!!!

T

I own a small business and well, we have no where near 260 employees. Embarrassed

Dennie

Hire me. I will do very little for a lot of money but you'll look like you're a bigger company.

Good thinking Thebes, although I'm not sure I want to see you're resume?!?!!! [:S] But, It would double the size of my company!! [Y]

Dennie

Wow thats quite impressive how come klipsch employ so few ?

Talk about opening a can of worms! [:#]

Fwiw, the operation in Hope really is an awesome Americana Icon whose history and craftsman ship deserve to be preserved. I hope the employees there and in Indianapolis are rewarded by good positions in VOXX and that the creative process at Klipsch is allowed to continue with them all. [Y]

T

Dennie

Hire me. I will do very little for a lot of money but you'll look like you're a bigger company.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

BTW. Size isn't everything. Remember what Mark Twain said; "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of fight in the dog". But size helps. That's why Klipsch is moving surreptitiously to take over Audiovox. [:D]

That's why Klipsch is moving surreptitiously to take over Audiovox. Big Smile

lolz ....

vice versa

To me, 260 employees world wide is not small by any means. 260 is a lot of employees.

I graduated high school with 685 people in my class.

Wink

i graduated with around 250.....but then again, that was two small towns in north jersey a few miles outside of manhatten, each about 1.5 square miles. Good things often come in small packages.

One thing is for sure, klipsch has over the minimum number of employees whereas they have to make sure they are racially and gender diversified or the state will yell at you.

Klipsch has a niche in the market, there is no reason to grow when the growth isnt warranted. Law of business, you should, every year, in a nromal market, grow your revenues. This helps to fight inflation and to ensure you are still profitable. Too slow of growth is just as harmful as explosive growth if the market you are in doesnt call for that growth type. $175mil a year is a considerable amount of money. If thats gross revenue, thats $673,076 per person at klipsch. Majority are most likely not getting paid over $100,000 a year so thats leaves alot of that gross value to taxes, money to be reinvested and profit. Seems pretty good to me.