Will she notice the new speakers?

cornfedksboy

Well I got permission from my wife to build that greatest of things, the dedicated Home Theater room! Construction is set to begin next week and I received permission to buy the WF-35s due to the large on-line discount they recently had. So I bought them and set them up as rears with my RF-62 3.1 system for the time being. Well, that obviously isn't enough for the HT room, so I went ahead and purchased the WC-24 center and WB-14s for the rear (the WS-24s are selling near retail still). I also grabbed an Onkyo TX-NR708 and RW-12d. I failed to mention any of the subsequent purchases (which I managaed to scrape together for $1375) to my wife, so will she notice???

All speakers have arrived, been unpacked, and been discretely placed in site in the unfinished storage area of the basement (right next to the laundry). I've replaced my old Paradigm 10 inch sub with the Klipsch for the time being and I'm keeping all of the boxes as well. This weekend we will be cleaning out the unfinished so construction can begin. At some point I am going to set them up and then we'll see, but will she even question it between now and then, and if she does...well, then what?

Let the games begin and my marriage stay in tact!

mine just said that speakers are cheaper than an alcoholic or another women go for it. It keeps me happy out of the bars and roaming for other women. (not that I would) OK it just keeps me up on level with her quilting and visiting her sisiters.

It might be better to type something to the effect of, say, "she agreed to it", rather than "she gave me permission". Not meaning to offend, but this is your wife and partner, not your mother, right?

You are correct...my wife and I discussed my purchase. I actually control the finances, and that works well for both of us, but with my being in control and spending hundreds of dollars on something she could care less about, I always feel like its a guilty pleasure.

So, Day 1 for the sub installed and she had no idea. She also did laundry, right next to the receiver, center, and surrounds...no comment. The real test will be tomorrow when we clean out the basement.

Basement is clean! She actually picked up my WC-24 and moved it to a different shelf in the storage area without so much as a whisper. She also helped me stack my new subwoofer box, center, and bookshelf box.

Well, I guess that's it. Just to shed a little light on our relationship, my wift is a beautiful and intelligent woman. She allows me to do whatever I want with our finances so long as we can afford to do so. Because she is so wonderful and understanding, I try and do the same but as note by this thread, I almost always fall short. In the end, my wife could care less about stereo music or THX and it's all the same to her. In May I get to take her to Mexico for a destination wedding and miss my friend's bachelor party in Vegas, so in the end it all works out.