RIP GARY MOORE

BigStewMan

Gary Moore 4 April 1952 – 6 February 2011

Gary Moore, regarded by many including Queen’s Brian May, as one of the great rock guitarists of the 1960s/70s, has died, aged 58. Born in Belfast on 4 April 1952, Moore’s music career started in 1968 and soon afterwards he joined up with Phil Lynott and Brian Downey to form Thin Lizzy.

As time progressed he toured the world, sharing the stage with such blues and rock luminaries as B.B. King, Albert King, Colosseum II, Greg Lake and Skid Row (not to be confused with the glam metal band of the same name), as well as having a wonderfully successful solo career. He guested on a number of chart-topping albums recorded by high profile musicians, while also making a cameo appearance playing the lead guitar solo on ‘She's My Baby’ from Travelling Wilburys (Vol.3). Moore died on 6 February 2011 while on holiday in Estepona, Spain. He was only 58.

Thanks for posting, I did hear this earlier today on the radio.Gary was truly a great guitar player, I considered him best when playing in competion wih another guitar player.The Thin Lizzy tribute (Gary Moore and Friends) on dvd or bluray is a perfect example of his top notch ability.I know I will miss the opportunity to see him again.