Cary AE-25 Class A Triode Amp

S. Frontiers/Anthem CD-1

Sonic Frontiers Line 1

Marantz DV-7010

Klipsch RF7's

Klipsch LF-10

MIT/Monsters

Toshiba 36"f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>s>c>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

Dude,

my living room is much bigger than that. The pic looks like your in a bedroom. Yes?

Anyway, I have the RSW-12. Oh goodness, I have pleanty of base with that. And only have it turned up about 2/3 of the way if that.

------------------

the m00n system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

The picture was taken from the half-way point of the room. There is as much 'room' behind me as there is in front of me.

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25 Class A Triode Amp

S. Frontiers/Anthem CD-1

Sonic Frontiers Line 1

Marantz DV-7010

Klipsch RF7's

Klipsch LF-10

MIT/Monsters

Toshiba 36"f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>s>c>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

I am a firm believer that too much is enough and enough is too much. I recently picked up a pair of 20-39CS+'s and the Samson 1000 for my 300 sq ft room( My HT )and still run my 2 Velo's with the SVS's. Goota go with 2,IMHO. cwm4.gif

Mike

------------------

Sony STR-DA777ES

Parasound 1205A

KLF-30 mains

KLF-C7 center

KLF-10 surrounds

2 x Velo SPL1200 subs

2 x SVS 20-39CS+ Samson 1000

Behringer DSP1124P

Sony SCD-CE775 SACD

Sony DVP-NC600 DVD

Sony SLV-R1000 VCR

Sony 32" TV

HTS-2500 power center

As I understand it, Dolby Reference Level for Professional Theaters is 121.5 dB. In other words, 121.5 dB across the Hz range is the loudest sound (if only for a microsecond) that can be reproduced by the sound system.

Of course, having the ability to reproduce a momentary BANG of a cannon going off in your living room can be somewhat unnerving at first.

One SVS Ultra with an good clean audio supply will fall short of reference level by about 5dB in most rooms. Adding a second ultra will boost the output by 6dB... and bring most rooms to "Reference Level" from Dolby's perspective.

Needless to say, one SVS Ultra will keep most folks up to their earlobes in bass... and adding a second as an exercise in "bassheadedness" that may be above and beyond your personal requirements. For each 6dB gain in low bass, one must DOUBLE the amount of air that is being moved... hence two identical subs.

Doubling capacity for each additional 6dB is a fact of audio life without regard to manufacturer. -HornED

This message has been edited by HornEd on 04-17-2002 at 10:42 AM

My experience with Klipsch says to "overbuy" on the sub. Due to the high sensitivity of Klipsch gear, it seems that anything less than "big league subbage" will do. Keeping up with Klipsch gear is tough for many sub products.

So, I would buy two.

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

A Beast is Lurking.........To be unleashed May 2002

My opinion is that one is fine, unless you're goin' for some major *** freakin' bass. I have a 25-31 in my 9x12 room and never pump it up higher than 50% on the amp (I have the pci version). Also when I play music through my computer, I have the bass setting set to 66% in my creative mixer. This sub has so much more and my friends think it has too much bass already. They think it's over-powering but I like feeling the thump in my chest, ya know. I just don't think they are used to true bass :D My friends ProMedia system never seemed to have so little bass Wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by deang:

The picture was taken from the half-way point of the room. There is as much 'room' behind me as there is in front of me.

Based on your statement, I vote for two that reach into the 16-20 Hz range. That will free those RF-7's woofers from having to make those long excursions. BTW a nice setup you have!

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>