Fair trade?

Adoremusic

It's only a fair deal if you feel that way, no one else can make that call!!! It's upi to you!!!

Jay

I agree with the canyonman, but it would be good to have an opportunity to A/B them. Are you considering using the Chorus/Quartet for a surround system? Add an Academy and maybe a sub and that would be pretty frackin' good IMHO.

I've never had any exposure to the RF series, but own and currently use Fortes, KG1's, and an Academy in the house; KG.5's in the bedroom, KG1's in the office, Heresys (that I've had since '76) in the garage; KSB1.1's on the deck; used to own Cornwalls; and currently have a pair of mid '80's KHorns that I'm holding on to to test/compare in a friend's man cave in a house he's building... obviously I love the heritage Klipschs. I've heard good things about the RF's as well, with exception of no bass... apparently having a subwoofer is a must. While it's nice with the heritage speakers (for shaking the floor at least), it's not an imperative.

Have fun with your selection my friend, but try to listen to both side by side with the same amp and source if possible. Also, why does the guy want to trade? Seems a bit unfair to him/her if you ask me...

Would you consider this a fair trade? My RF-63's for a set of Chorus I's and Quartets? Both are in nice condition.

(Copout answer coming up.)

All are great speakers. With that only you can decide.

Factoring in the cost/performance ratio, I think the RF-63's are one of the most musical 2-way towers you can buy. On the other hand, also factoring in cost/performance ratio, the extended Heritage line(Chorus I&II,Forte I&II,Quartet) are some of the most musical speakers(2-way or 3-way) you can buy.

Bill

I have to admit that the RF-63's have really impressed me with their smoothe response. I have heard the Chorus' and like them very much as well. I do already have Khorns and Fortes so maybe I should just stick with the RF-63's seeing how the Chorus' and Quartets are in the same family of sound as the Fortes.

I like having a set of Heritage AND a set of Ref., both sound different, in a good way.

I think you are on to something with keeping the 63's if you already have some Heritage gear (nice Heritage, at that!). The line-up of RF-63's, Fortes, and k-horns is pretty darn impressive.

• Moderators

I thought the best you had were the Rf's.

With the other speakers you have it would be a toss up for you as to trade or not. I still think I would do it unless where you use them require a small footprint.

• 4 weeks later...

**UPDATE**

After having the RF-63's for a month I decided to trade them for the Chorus I's and the Quartets. The RF-63's created an awesome stereo image and had very smoothe response but in the end they just didn't do it for me. So my current lineup is Quartets, Forte I's, Chorus I's and Klipschorns. That should keep me busy for awhile doing upgrades and such.

Cheers!

**UPDATE**

After having the RF-63's for a month I decided to trade them for the Chorus I's and the Quartets. The RF-63's created an awesome stereo image and had very smoothe response but in the end they just didn't do it for me. So my current lineup is Quartets, Forte I's, Chorus I's and Klipschorns. That should keep me busy for awhile doing upgrades and such.

Cheers!

Thanks for the update. If they "just didn't do it" for you, then you did the right thing! [Y]

Keep us posted on the Chorus I's and Quartets, it would be nice to hear your thoughts.

Oh and Congratulations!! [<:o)]

Dennie

• Moderators

There's nothing wrong with the RF's at all, each is just a little different. But in a way they all have a similar certain sound with each other.

I would have done the same thing. [Y]