Chicks and HT

Rivernuggets

My wife (yes, she's the chick here) and I watched Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince the other night. She turned everything on, switched the TV input and Emotiva UMC-1 to play a DVD. She's done this many times. This particular time I thought how cool it is that she rolls with my purchases and learns how they work. At some point in the movie she upped the center channel a couple notches to better hear the vocals. I had to say something, "That's hot!".

She just laughed and said, "Go tell your Klipsch buddies!"

So here ya go.

LOL, verynice!! My wife is the exception as well. She openly admits that she doesn't necessarily hear every nuance of every upgrade or system adjustment, but she does admit to loving the home theater experience, loves bass and bass shakers! Don't you just love how your other half enjoys this awesome hobby?!!! I feel very lucky :)

i dont think my gf fully appreciates the HT system that i have built. I think, that in time, when we get a home and i buy a sub and i really turn things up it will have more of an impact on her. she definitly tolerates though and hasnt told me to get rid of it.

I did ask her if she wanted to read my "beginngers guide to tube audio design" and she looked at me with the most unimpressed look ever and then proceeded to say that she had negative interest in it. To each their own, fair enough!

i dont think my gf fully appreciates the HT system that i have built. I think, that in time, when we get a home and i buy a sub and i really turn things up it will have more of an impact on her. she definitly tolerates though and hasnt told me to get rid of it.

I did ask her if she wanted to read my "beginngers guide to tube audio design" and she looked at me with the most unimpressed look ever and then proceeded to say that she had negative interest in it. To each their own, fair enough!

Ian,

You want a general idea of how your girfriend feels, go purse or shoe shopping with her.[N][:|] That should put all things into perspective.[^o)]

Bill

awesome....nothing like hearing about someone clicking all th buttons and turning all the knobs and then suddenly they guess right but the volume was maxed out and the cones flew across the room.

A few times during movies my wife has said, "This really sounds good."

I keep quiet and do not ruin the moment. She loves watching movies and I'm glad our hobbies coincide.

Maybe I was too careless in calling my wife a chick. [:$] In all honesty she doesn't mind being referred to in that way. Granted I do not use it often. As we age, that term becomes more endearing.

Ian,

You want a general idea of how your girfriend feels, go purse or shoe shopping with her.NoIndifferent That should put all things into perspective.Hmm

Bill

Bill, been there and done that, and i sooo understand. God, if i get leashed and taken down one more clearence show aisle i think i'll die :)

• Moderators

My wife (yes, she's the chick here) and I watched Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince the other night. She turned everything on, switched the TV input and Emotiva UMC-1 to play a DVD. She's done this many times. This particular time I thought how cool it is that she rolls with my purchases and learns how they work. At some point in the movie she upped the center channel a couple notches to better hear the vocals. I had to say something, "That's hot!".

She just laughed and said, "Go tell your Klipsch buddies!"

So here ya go.

Very impressive, that is way past the point of accepting the hobby. [Y] Tell her " your Klipsch buddies" want to know if she want's to teach WAF classes !

My wife likes the movie part but rarely sits down for a movie, she would rather listen to music. She has never tried to turn it on herself, although it's almost always on for backround music anyway.

• Moderators

I just clicked on your profile to see what speakers you have, or the few you don't have yet [;)] and noticed your a Piano Technicain......very cool job, It sound like it would be anyway ? [Y]

a Piano Technician......very cool job, It sound like it would be anyway ? Yes

Yes I like it very much. Satisfying with a great sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. Most of the work is house calls involving tuning, small repairs or adjustments. There are also high schools, UW Madison, piano dealers, churches, and performance venues that need all aspects of piano work.

If I sell some minor work, then it's a shop situation at home. For major rebuildiung I have a friend with a large, climate controlled shop and I pay for the space used. I don't do refinishing (on that large of scale anyway). I farm that work out to a couple guys in the area.

Soon I hope to change our 2 car garage into a climate controlled shop. Needs a lot of work.

But yeah there's a lot of variety with my job and it keeps things fresh.

I just clicked on your profile to see what speakers you have, or the few you don't have yet Wink

I should say the JVC receiver, RC-3II, black RB-5s, and RSW-10 are going to my parents next week. That should deflate the collection a little.

It's a birthday present for my Mom. My parents watch a lot of movies and have been using a smaller pair of speakers with a modest sub. About a month ago she asked if I could look around for some nice HT stuff to upgrade their setup. I went in our basement and realised we basically have an extra HT. I'm such a hoarder of gear. [A]

This way they'll be enjoyed like they should, and I get to visit them often. They're like children, right? OK, I went to far.....

• Moderators

I just clicked on your profile to see what speakers you have, or the few you don't have yet Wink

I should say the JVC receiver, RC-3II, black RB-5s, and RSW-10 are going to my parents next week. That should deflate the collection a little.

It's a birthday present for my Mom. My parents watch a lot of movies and have been using a smaller pair of speakers with a modest sub. About a month ago she asked if I could look around for some nice HT stuff to upgrade their setup. I went in our basement and realised we basically have an extra HT. I'm such a hoarder of gear. Angel

This way they'll be enjoyed like they should, and I get to visit them often. They're like children, right? OK, I went to far.....

Very nice thing to do for your parents, that should sound good, they will be happy. If they have cable or sat hook them up with some music also through the speakers.

On the weekends when your not there they have a bunch of friends over and party [<:o)][:P] they just don't want you to know. [:o]

There going to be set now !

If they have cable or sat hook them up with some music also through the speakers.

They just have an antenna, but I will remind my mom that DVD players can play cds too.

On the weekends when your not there they have a bunch of friends over and party Party!!!BeerStick out tongue they just don't want you to know. Surprise

Haha! That RSW-10 will pound out the techno. I can see it.....strobes...drinks.

A few times during movies my wife has said, "This really sounds good."

I keep quiet and do not ruin the moment. She loves watching movies and I'm glad our hobbies coincide.

Maybe I was too careless in calling my wife a chick. Embarrassed In all honesty she doesn't mind being referred to in that way. Granted I do not use it often. As we age, that term becomes more endearing.

There's nothing wrong with chicks, I married one [;)].My wife thinks it makes her sound young.....