Inception

Youthman

• Moderators

As always, I'm usually not the first in line to keep up with current movies. Last night, my wife had gone to a 2 day conference and my daughters were all spending the night at friends.

My son and I had some time to spend together so on the way home, we stopped by Blockbuster since I had heard about "Inception" from a comment in one of the forums here.

We put in the DVD about 11:30pm and cranked it up a bit since mom wasn't home. [:D]

We really liked the movie. Definitely some of the same elements as Matrix and Avatar but it was great. I was told it was confusing and you had to really pay attention. I was surprised that throughout the movie, I was understanding what was going on. Seems like only a few parts I didn't understand but for the most part, I was "getting it"...moreso than I did with Matrix and Book of Eli. LOL

For those that have not seen it, it's worth checking out. Lots of great LFE, the crispness of the times where items shatter, the clarity of the pouring rain, bullets ricocheting....just some great sound all around.

Anyways, my son and I had a GREAT time together, hanging out...just Dad and my boy. Good times for sure. [:D]

What did you think about the movie?

Awesom movie!! Like you, I fully understood the movie...and I'm a big Christopher Nolan fan, ever since Momento. The Following is also a good movie, I believe that was his directorial debut.

Inception was to this day, the best audio experience I've had watching a movie in my HT. The sound was absolutely amazing!! I found myself totally mesmerized by the audio, more so than the image being played on the screen. Such clarity and crispness as youthman states and with the bass extending so low...rumbling my 1700sqft home through and through...awesome!! ( much to the credit of my Hsu VTF 3 MK 3 [H] )

Watch this movie, sit back and enjoy a blissful audio experience! [Y]

its more amazing on bluray, i thought that was possibly the best movie of 2010 to be honest. I just watched the book of eli last week and i thought it was a good story. It had good action but was a slow movie, a different type of movie too but good. It was very artistic and great music/sound effects.

I liked it so much I went out and bought the Hans Zimmer scored Soundtrack http://www.amazon.com/Inception-Music-Motion-Picture/dp/B003U9TDII

What about the ending?

repost from reddit

"So, you know how everyone thinks that the Top is his totem, but in the beginning he mentions that its actually Mals? Well, you see, if its not his totem, then its not going to properly work for him. Cobbs totem is his WEDDING RING. Whenever hes dreaming, he has a wedding ring on because, as he says, in his dreams, theyre still together. In reality, hes not wearing a ring. During the last scene of the movie? Hes not wearing a ring. BAM, REALITY."

Also loved it! The bass LFE kicks in the first time when he falls in the tub during the first scene dream to wake up. Holy S**t, I had to jump and reach for the remote to turn the volume down. Of course, I was grinning ear to ear at the same time. Blurays are great!

I liked it so much I went out and bought the Hans Zimmer scored Soundtrack http://www.amazon.com/Inception-Music-Motion-Picture/dp/B003U9TDII

What about the ending? [spoiler alert] repost from reddit

"So, you know how everyone thinks that the Top is his totem, but in the beginning he mentions that it’s actually Mal’s? Well, you see, if it’s not his totem, then it’s not going to properly work for him. Cobb’s totem is his WEDDING RING. Whenever he’s dreaming, he has a wedding ring on because, as he says, in his dreams, they’re still together. In reality, he’s not wearing a ring. During the last scene of the movie? He’s not wearing a ring. BAM, REALITY."

Interesting thanks

This was the best movie since The Dark Knight for me and possibly better. This movie IS my audio demo disc. Sound is amazing, and the music is even better. If you buy it, get the special edition. It comes with a 5.1 DTS-HD Hanns Zimmer soundtrack and its amazing! I love Trent Reznor, but there is no way he beat out Zimmer for the oscar for best score for The Social Network. The brass instruments resonate incredibly through the horns of Klipsch speakers in the movies soundtrack. And yeah, the LFE is out of control in this movie.

Awesom movie!! Like you, I fully understood the movie...and I'm a big Christopher Nolan fan, ever since Momento. The Following is also a good movie, I believe that was his directorial debut.

Inception was a superbly enjoyable movie, but I like the fact that Momento was mentioned here. A very under-rated movie in my opinion. It's no blockbuster sci-fi action flick, but fantastic story with twists all around! I would recommend this to anyone that liked Book of Eli...some action, great story and ending.

Has anyone scene Megamind yet? Hilarious movie, and awesome sound! I was just wondering if anyone noticed the modified Klipsch RF-84s and the RC-64 in the movie. There is a home theater system in one of the scenes, and it seems obvious that they used the reference series as a model and made some modifications. Check it out!

IMAG0069.jpg

Yes Inception is a great audio masterpiece which is why it was one of the first movies I tested on my 7s. After reading your post I may go crank it up tonight since I only playd bits and pieces of it when I tested my system. I also want to thank you guys for pointing out that the 2 disc Blu Ray comes with the soundtrack. I never realized that (I thought the other discs were just the DVD and digital copy discs) I actually listened to the soundtrack on Rhapsody and saved it to my library along with the Dark Knight soundtrack....but now I have to go pop in the special features disc and listen to it in true surround sound. This will be my first foray into multi channel audio.

But if you have the chance to watch some more movies before the wife comes back then watch Shutter Island, Master and Commander, and Black Hawk Down....