Why are Quartets so underappreciated (pics

t-man

Just got a set of these, and they really rock. They only made them for 2 years back in the time when I feel Klipsch was making some very nice speakers with great build quality. They really sound good - perhaps better than my KG 5.5s in a few ways. Haven't done a lot of A/B testing, but been listening to the quartets all day and loving them!!!! Great bass and ability to fill the room.

P1000180-001.jpg

P1000182-003.jpg

Great Score, those are Beautiful. [Y]

I've never heard them, but the size is great for placement purposes and are probably really high on the WAF! [^o)]

Thanks for posting the Pictures and Congratulations! [<:o)]

Dennie

Great Score, those are Beautiful. Yes

I've never heard them, but the size is great for placement purposes and are probably really high on the WAF! Hmm

Thanks for posting the Pictures and Congratulations! Party!!!

Dennie

+1, they are in great shape and gorgeous![:P]

Just got a set of these, and they really rock.

Hey T-Man,

How did you get in my house and sneak past me?[:@] Okay I just checked and mine are still here.[:D]

Those look absolutely beautiful. Quartet's sure are not underappreciated in my house. Please don't "waste" them as surrounds. They deserve to be in a great 2-channel setup or the mains in HT system.[Y]

Bill

Bill,

You have a LOT of various Klipsch speakers. How do you like your Quartets compared to your Forte and Heresy speakers. I've tried the several of the reference series speakers over the years and have been left underwhelmed compared to the old school sound of my KGs and now these Quartets.

Bill,

You have a LOT of various Klipsch speakers. How do you like your Quartets compared to your Forte and Heresy speakers. I've tried the several of the reference series speakers over the years and have been left underwhelmed compared to the old school sound of my KGs and now these Quartets.

I am going to give you the same copout answer I have given before. I really do like all my Klipsch speakers very much. I have AB'd my Fortes and Quartets with the same system many times with the same CD's and there really is no clear winner in my opinion. They both have thundering bass and detailed mids and highs. I do plan on updating the Forte crossovers sometime soon and adding the "Crites tites" to my Quartets(Fortes have them already). Then I will AB them some more. The RF-63's are a different animal and are just as well liked, and have tighter bass(not thundering) and a smooth refinement that the others only wish to have.

My Heresys are in a different system and room but I have demoed Quartets there also. It really is hard to beat the Heresy's mids and highs especially with the CT-125 tweeter but the Quartets try really hard. They do trump the Heresys down low.

In my opinion, room acoustics, placement, and system can really alter sound quality. Each Klipsch speaker has that signature sound but uniquely different.

Disclosure: These are my opinions solely from the demos in my house.

Bill

I am going to give you the same copout answer I have given before. I really do like all my Klipsch speakers very much. I have AB'd my Fortes and Quartets with the same system many times with the same CD's and there really is no clear winner in my opinion. They both have thundering bass and detailed mids and highs. I do plan on updating the Forte crossovers sometime soon and adding the "Crites tites" to my Quartets(Fortes have them already). Then I will AB them some more. The RF-63's are a different animal and are just as well liked, and have tighter bass(not thundering) and a smooth refinement that the others only wish to have.

My Heresys are in a different system and room but I have demoed Quartets there also. It really is hard to beat the Heresy's mids and highs especially with the CT-125 tweeter but the Quartets try really hard. They do trump the Heresys down low.

In my opinion, room acoustics, placement, and system can really alter sound quality. Each Klipsch speaker has that signature sound but uniquely different.

Disclosure: These are my opinions solely from the demos in my house.

Bill

Thank you for that review!

• Moderators

Very nice, I don't think there really under appreciated as much as there not easy to find. I found 4 Forte ll's and a original pair of Forte's over a couple of years time and never ran across any Quartet's during the same time. I would have used the Quartets for rears but couldn't find any. I also gave up on the Academy because one cost as much as a pair of F ll's.