Sub selection

Not sure what you mean by "riving the cut". Regardless, I don't use one on my own saw, I have used saws with them. They should have no effect on the quality of cut. If I am mistaken, feel free to show better info as I am always happy to learn.

Blade choice and sharpness is the biggest factor in getting a clean cut.

BTW. my TS-55 cicular saw does have a riving knike, and also make very clean cuts.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rive [ra?v]

vb rives, riving, rived, rived, riven ['r?v?n] (usually passive)
1. to split asunder a tree riven by lightning
2. to tear apart riven to shreds
3. Archaic to break (the heart) or (of the heart) to be broken
[from Old Norse rifa; related to Old Frisian riva]
Frisian, no less...
Anyway, easier to post that to explain that which I can't get to work. A riving knife is to perform the above just behind the saw blade and ensure the blade does not spin against or get bound in the kerf.
Dave

• Moderators

rive [ra?v]

vb rives, riving, rived, rived, riven ['r?v?n] (usually passive)
1. to split asunder a tree riven by lightning
2. to tear apart riven to shreds
3. Archaic to break (the heart) or (of the heart) to be broken
[from Old Norse rifa; related to Old Frisian riva]
Frisian, no less...
Anyway, easier to post that to explain that which I can't get to work. A riving knife is to perform the above just behind the saw blade and ensure the blade does not spin against or get bound in the kerf.
Dave

[Y] So that's what it is called, I don't always use it, but probably should.

If the wood is rubbing the back edge of the kerf, then the fence is out of alignment.

Trust me on this one, if you get the fence set correctly, and a quality blade, made for plywood, you will get a good cut.

If the wood is rubbing the back edge of the kerf, then the fence is out of alignment. Trust me on this one, if you get the fence set correctly, and a quality blade, made for plywood, you will get a good cut.

Logic supports your statement...

Dave

I was originally looking at the Table Tuba as well, until I found out it only goes to 30hz. .

Mike

Not true. A 20hz test tone on my tuba table is loud and strong (and shakes the window glass!), so it is great fro home theater. The larger Tuba HT will go to 10hz ! [:P]

The larger Tuba HT will go to 10hz !

That's contrary to what I've read. Do you have a link?

From Bill Fitzmarice's website: "Not impressed yet? Add in the cabin gain of an average room (12dB per octave below 30 Hz) and you can end up with flat response to 10Hz with 110dB sensitivity." ( http://billfitzmaurice.net/THT.html ) Sounds like the right room and good placement will have something to do with it though.