Very, Very Versatile Crossovers

Size of the horn does not bother me and no there wont be any WAF issues at all !

This boy needs a permanent female in the house so he can live like the majority of us. Then he can deal with WAF!

WAF?? You think my wife likes having a bunch of big black TSCM speakers in the house???

She has been told at length that she has absolutely no say in the matter and she leaves it alone.

WAF is a term made up by a buch of Puss-Pusses as a reason they don't have a pair.

Some say WAF, I say cowards!!!

Roger

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Size of the horn does not bother me and no there wont be any WAF issues at all !

This boy needs a permanent female in the house so he can live like the majority of us. Then he can deal with WAF!

WAF?? You think my wife likes having a bunch of big black TSCM speakers in the house???

She has been told at length that she has absolutely no say in the matter and she leaves it alone.

WAF is a term made up by a buch of Puss-Pusses as a reason they don't have a pair.

Some say WAF, I say cowards!!!

Roger

Damnit I was going to reply to this but I need permission and I am not allowed to wake her up so I can say anything

and PLEASE do not tell her I used foul language. I have to sign off now and go wash and iron the pants she will wear tomorrow

What are the dimensions of the 402 ?

Are you familar with the frontal view of a LaScala?

If so, the K402 is actually larger than a LaScala put on its side. Only by a slight amount but still... if you have seen a LaScala then you have an idea how large the 402 is.

39 1/2 wide x 25 1/2 tall x 21 deep

Those are the width/height of the outer flange of the front

What are the dimensions of the 402 ?

Are you familar with the frontal view of a LaScala?

If so, the K402 is actually larger than a LaScala put on its side. Only by a slight amount but still... if you have seen a LaScala then you have an idea how large the 402 is.

39 1/2 wide x 25 1/2 tall x 21 deep

Those are the width/height of the outer flange of the front

WOW ! That is a big horn. Looks like I am going to have try to go to Hope next month and see what they sound like.

As long as were at it with horns, I was at a big horn shootout that featured just about everything available and popular on this forum. The wooden tractrix such as the Trachorn, V-Trac, and Fast-Trac were all excellent, virtually equivalent............and a marked improvement from the stock exponentials. We heard all those wooden tractrix and with some different drivers. It really didn't matter much the driver. Of course some sounded better, but the horns themselves made a huge difference. They are definitely a fine upgrade.

But when the 402 enterred the game............it was over. Those great sounding wooden tractrix were just no match. They just sounded like small speakers.

I have still yet to hear any horn that comes even close to a properly setup 402 for HF.............even with a K-69 on it. I have TAD 4002s on mine and basically I quit buying stuff. When Roy Delgado beats that combo I'll start buying stuff again.