Family is out of town. Should be a fun weekend...er suck I mean.

cornfedksboy

Normally I don't like to spend the weekend alone, without my beautiful wife and two year old son, but...I just got my new RS-52 IIs wall mounted last week, and my formally blown up Onkyo TX-nr708 returned from being serviced in the rockies today. What else you ask...My 110" pj screen also arrived after surviving tornados and floods and being delayed for weeks in Memphis! I have the weekend all to my myself and I plan on gettin my movie watchin on!

I'll be running Audessey on the Onkyo, but are there any recommended calibration discs (sound and picture) that can be found at BestBuy? I'd like to nail down the projector imaging before the family gets back on Sunday so we can enjoy a good flick together next week.

I would recommend either the AVIA Blu Ray or DVE (Digital Video Essentials) Blu Ray for all your calibration needs. If you have a Fry's near you, you might find one of them there. I doublt Best Buy will have them, but you never know. Amazon carries them as well as a few other online places.

Okay, so I spent 30 minutes removing my second hand Yamaha from the rack and installing my Onkyo. I run a tone test and the damn thing blew up again!!!! I used it for two weeks and the left front channel goes out. It's in Denver for a MONTH, I have it plugged in for 5 seconds and DAMN, DAMN, DAMN! What a disapointment. I feel like a teenager with blue balls!

I just don't think the asthetic appeal of my new screen and Klipsch speakers will satiate me this weekend. Time to go pre/pro.

Oh man, that really sucks. I was going to say that I've seen DVE at a Best Buy in the Denver area. Disney has a calibration disk out that I have read good things about but haven't looked at BB to see if they carry it. Good luck getting up and running for your bachelor weekend!

Normally I don't like to spend the weekend alone, without my beautiful wife and two year old son, but...I just got my new RS-52 IIs wall mounted last week, and my formally blown up Onkyo TX-nr708 returned from being serviced in the rockies today. What else you ask...My 110" pj screen also arrived after surviving tornados and floods and being delayed for weeks in Memphis! I have the weekend all to my myself and I plan on gettin my movie watchin on!

I'll be running Audessey on the Onkyo, but are there any recommended calibration discs (sound and picture) that can be found at BestBuy? I'd like to nail down the projector imaging before the family gets back on Sunday so we can enjoy a good flick together next week.

When set up my projector I used the George Lucas thx setup. It's on the menu section of all his movies.

Excuse me...........wait a second and let me inject a little reality into the situation. She is gone! :):):) You can fool with audio and home theater anytime. It's the weekend. What are you thinking?

Call up your buddy and get out and about tonight while yer still alive bro!!

Hey wait a second........Are you sure about where the wife went?

• Moderators

Excuse me...........wait a second and let me inject a little reality into the situation. She is gone! :):):) You can fool with audio and home theater anytime. It's the weekend. What are you thinking?

Well that just makes sense now that I think about it, [;)] I guess it's a good thing a bunch of us don't live close enough to not have it be a road trip for something like that.

Well that just makes sense now that I think about it, Wink I guess it's a good thing a bunch of us don't live close enough to not have it be a road trip for something like that.

thats right....sometimes the guys need to get together and do some of the things the girls do all the time. It's amazing how the girls always seem to know the good restaurants, watering holes, etc. Learn later in life that the so called tupa ware, avon, and other parties, where just fronts.

• Moderators

It's amazing how the girls always seem to know the good restaurants, watering holes, etc. Learn later in life that the so called tupa ware, avon, and other parties, where just fronts.

That's funny, and true.

I did get a couple of the fellas together last night and we sat on the porch drinking beer with the windows open and listened to my other Klipsch system. It's tough on short notice as all of my friends are married with kids (like me). I wouldn't trade it for the world, but things are different now than they were just a few years back.

Tonight, it's off to play poker, so yeah, not quite my man's weekend alone in the HT, but the weekend should turn out okay either way.