Heresy I, II, or III

bracurrie

I haven't been following the Heritage line so I do not understand the changes made to this great little speaker through the years.

Would someone point me to a discussion or maybe detail what the outcomes were as they evolved.

I just acquired some Is in very good condition and they do sound sweet on the floor. Are the IIs and IIIs real improvements and in what way?

Brad

Brad,

The Heresy speakers are great! The original Heresy used the same mid driver and tweeter driver. The HII series changed the mid and tweeter drivers, which, to my own ears, brought a better balance through the audio spectrum. After all, the 12 inch woofer can't really compete with the mid and tweeter that was also in the Belle, La Scala, and KHorn.

Some (dare I say - many) like the original better, but the HII is really good. I don't think they would have continued to produce the HII if it weren't really better.

There was a transition period going from original to the HII, where there was a parts overlap. THey are generally called an H 1.5, though not officially.

The HIII improves on everything. So much so that Klipsch makes an upgrade kit for the HII cabinet, allowing you to swap out all the parts (you get to keep the parts).

[As a side note, since you get to keep the parts, you could build a Tangent 400 cabinet and put in your extra parts. The Tangent series was sold through BX to military. The 400 used the exact same parts as the HII but has a larger ported cabinet with more bass... ]

I have a pair of HIIs, and my older son has some originals. They both sound good to us.

All that to say, there is a thread on these somewhere that gives more detail... but I can't find it.

Bruce

My opinion.....

H III is the best...... easily......

Then H I.....

Last place..... H II......

Most feel the changes made for the H II were not that great.

I think a large part is mdf versus real plywood..... but the driver changes? in one word.... brighter.

The result was a speaker that was good, but not that good..... (too bright)

Research it..... some will argue with me; etc..... IDGAF......

H IIIs are definitely the best.... Any H II owner should be ecstatic....

They sell an upgrade kit that will blow you away.... ( H II to H III)....

Best bang for buck? (over $225, not including the "grandpa just died" sale ) H I..... hands down....

I think a large part is mdf versus real plywood..... but the driver changes? in one word.... brighter.

poo poo... [;)]

I find the HII to be smoother than the original, as in - not so in your face mids....

JMHO of course. All of them are great speakers, but the HIII undoubtedly spanks them all. That Klipsch provided an upgrade path is super.

You can't go wrong with any of them.

Bruce

poo poo... Wink

I find the HII to be smoother than the original, as in - not so in your face mids....

JMHO of course. All of them are great speakers, but the HIII undoubtedly spanks them all. That Klipsch provided an upgrade path is super.

You can't go wrong with any of them.

Bruce

LMAO.... [:D]

Again, it is different strokes for different folks......

As you said; they all are great......

I stick by my opinion, and respect yours. (even if you are wrong..... [:)] )

[Y]