for MWM fanatics

ClaudeJ1

two MWM-S is 4 ohms nominal- just use Crown amps they're happy with 2 ohms. We used to use the PSA-2's back in the day. K2 would be my amp of choice today or even smaller. I run my stacks with the passive 4-way network and a JBL/Urie amp that's rated about 100/ch. and it's more than enough for workshop listening.

M

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

two MWM-S is 4 ohms nominal- just use Crown amps they're happy with 2 ohms. We used to use the PSA-2's back in the day. K2 would be my amp of choice today or even smaller. I run my stacks with the passive 4-way network and a JBL/Urie amp that's rated about 100/ch. and it's more than enough for workshop listening.

M

Boy, no kidding, that's still enough power (20 db watts) to knock down a few linebackers indoors or out. Good advice.

After having a two MWMs bins per channel indoors, I think it's a waste of time and efford to use 4 bins when 2 will do. It's only a 3db gain in output for a whole lot more cubic feet. I'm sure others will disagree.

Yes I am going back and forth on this I may just get a few nice subs to get the 25Hz -50Hz range instead, I'm going to the NAMM show in January in L.A. to check out the new stuff so I may wait to see what is new and then make a decision .

Totally agree with Claude.......I have MWM doubles and singles and the gain for the second bin on each side is not that much for indoor use. At levels that you could not stand indoors is when the second bin comes into play. The doubles are much more suited for outdoor, very large areas. Talk about overkill...............[:D]

There were no plans, I bought the kits and assembled them. I am pretty sure that they are still available through the end of this month for $975.00 plus delivery, from Danley.

I built a "coffe table sub" from scratch from plans I got off the DIY forum. The performance is similar to the original Danley DTS-20 and THAT shakes my little basement room aplenty. With a single LAB 12, I feel no need for mor for movies OR music........got a solid18-60 Hz. performance from that one cabinet with the mouth right at my feet. I can only imagine what twin DTS-10's can do with 4 beefed up (3" Voice Coils instead of the 2 1/2" for LAB 12) Eminence Subwoofer drivers in 22 ft. horns..........geez.

that is what Mr. KG4 should get for his MWMs if he's so inclined to put toghether more boxes.

Finally got the MB-2's hooked up .

OK, now you are ready to get rid of the folded horn between the MB 2 and the MWMs.........reduce your multi source lobing and drop the stack down to closer to ear level.

250 Hz. is a great place to cross and MWM to an MB2

• 2 weeks later...