for MWM fanatics

ClaudeJ1

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"That's all done" as far as building speakers these are amazing sounding I'm happy I built another pair .Big Smile

Great contribution to this thread. Look pretty much like my stack did about 3 years back, except I had super tweeters. Enjoy the fruits of you labors, you deserve the "ear candy."

Got a Apex microphone to use with my RTA and took another reading on the LF cabinets EQ at flat.

Well, since you got 4 15" woofer working for you, it's OK to EQ beyond the horn cutoff of 45 Hz., they are direct radiators at that point, but still put out sound.

Nice thanks for all the info wish I had one of those MB-1's I'll have to keep my eyes open or maybe a K402 ??

There's a forum member in Chicago named Fyrpwr (I think that's his name here) who has lots of stuff for sale, including a pair of spare MB1's I sold him a few years back along with my 4 MWMs bottoms. He will be selling them soon. PM or Email me if you want his number.

I have never heard the whole stack, in any configuration, I would have connected Jc's but you don't just plug something like that in so I was out of luck.

Eldon,

That's about all the excuse you need to invite yourself over to Kevins on a Wednesday night for the He Man Women Haters barbeque at his shop! 20 to 30 guests, barbeque, and a few hot rods, plus the MWM-1900 4-ways that used to be Colters, and the KP-600s playing music. He has an early set of Klipschorns and Short Horns at the shop as well.

Roger

Nice thanks for all the info wish I had one of those MB-1's I'll have to keep my eyes open or maybe a K402 ??

There's a forum member in Chicago named Fyrpwr (I think that's his name here) who has lots of stuff for sale, including a pair of spare MB1's I sold him a few years back along with my 4 MWMs bottoms. He will be selling them soon. PM or Email me if you want his number.

ClaudeJ1,

I got those 4 single aluminum trim MWMs from Fyrpower this past late spring, early summer minus the 4 K-43s. I bought 4 cast frame K-43s for them, but they are rough. If KG-4 guy lived closer, I'd be talking about having him redo the external boxes for me.

Roger

ClaudeJ1,

I got those 4 single aluminum trim MWMs from Fyrpower this past late spring, early summer minus the 4 K-43s. I bought 4 cast frame K-43s for them, but they are rough. If KG-4 guy lived closer, I'd be talking about having him redo the external boxes for me.

Roger

Heard a lot about you from Kevin, but I didn't know that you had my old bins. Got them from a retired DJ in Ottawa after dropping off my Khorns in Toronto. Do they still have the vinyl coverings??

Moving on to, I hope, better bass horns (lower and louder) than the venerable MWMs (11 feet long instead of 6 for the Klipsch) when I build the Brad Litz modified v.3.0 LAB horns. Did Steve get his TCSM's from you in trade perhaps?

ClaudeJ1,

Roger

Heard a lot about you from Kevin,

ClaudeJ1, Don't make them any better then Kevin, his parents, and siblings in my book!

but I didn't know that you had my old bins. Got them from a retired DJ in Ottawa after dropping off my Khorns in Toronto. Do they still have the vinyl coverings??

Don't remember, I don't think they have the vynl covering, but they are in the barn and I'll have to check later this week as I'm helping my best friend with harvest. Steve bought two full stacks of MCM-1900s and didn't need the 4 single MWM bins any more. He switched the handles off of them for the KPT-600 set he has because he liked the MWM handles better with the silver on them instead of plain black.

Moving on to, I hope, better bass horns (lower and louder) than the venerable MWMs (11 feet long instead of 6 for the Klipsch) when I build the Brad Litz modified v.3.0 LAB horns. Did Steve get his TCSM's from you in trade perhaps?

Steve was looking for TSCMs for a long time. I think he got them from craigslist but not sure. They were the last big old Klipsch he needed to complete all the big old Pro stuff from when PWK was alive. I bought them from Steve and another forum member dropped them and a KPT-684 off that I bought from the Chicago area. Steve and I talk occasionally and he GAVE me some Pro Klipsch badges I was looking for!!

Good Luck...... Roger

• 2 weeks later...

Seems Roy is using a modified K402 with a midbass driver. Mark 1101 has both, so look to him for advice..........although an MB-1 would be WAY more affordable on the used market. AFAIK, no one is selling used K402's because they are so GOOD.