My Klipsch Reference Home Theater Build

Rippyman

My house is still under construction but I wanted to get everything ordered so that its ready when the house is. First a pic of my Home Theater room under construction. The room is 16' x 15' x 9' in a basement. I sound proofed the ceiling with drywall strapping & Roxul Sound Proof Insulation. All the wiring is 14/4 Monster in-wall THX certified wire. A big thanks to www.pinnaclehometech.com for supplying me with everything!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the Klipsch speakers. The subs are not for my main system. Those are going on my main floor and my upstairs 5.1 system. The sub for my main system is going to be a Jamesloudspeaker Cinema 15 which hasn't arrived yet.

The system will be powered by a Marantz SR7005 receiver, which also hasn't arrived yet.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Speakers look great! What is the layout going to be? In the pics I saw:

2 RF-7s, 2 subs, an RC-64, 2 surrounds, and 2 in ceiling. Is that correct, or did I miss some? Where are the in wall/in ceiling speakers going to go? How many rows of seating and what size of screen are you going with?

I'm not a fan of projectors, but I did wire for it just in case. I will be running the new LG 60PZ750 plasma.

I'm not doing a traditional theater room. Instead I purchased two 3 seater wispa recliners (contemporary).

See here. http://www.revolvefurnishings.com/products/wispa-recliner-sofa-hcgnj.html Shown is only the two seater.

The in ceilings will be about 3 feet behind the sitting position and about 5' in from either wall.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks awesome, love the wall colors and speaker choices. Top Notch!

Thanks, I'll have better pics once I'm in the house, these were just hand held photos with no tripod, so the ISO is bumped way up and the white balance isn't perfect.

The walls are a light grey, and the (accent/theater) wall is a dark grey, we kept this theme through out the home.

• 4 weeks later...

Some progress. My furniture hasn't arrived but I managed to get things hooked up. The cabinet you see is just temporary, I haven't found the exact stand I'm wanting yet. The stupid site is cutting off a portion of the photo, you may have to right click and paste the link into a browser to see the full image. They are 1000 pixels wide.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Moderators

Very sweet setup Rippy! Love the colors, speakers look amazing in the nude, very clean and classy look.

I can foresee a projection unit in the near future for that room. You would love a 100" + screen. [:D] Huge screen to match your Huge sound!