Yes "Fragile" Album

gagelle

I finally received "CloseTo The Edge" in SHM. What an experience! I think it is their best. I'm finally getting a turntable in a few weeks so I can compare sound quality. My son has a Hall 5.1 with an entry level Goldring cartridge. The vinyl on his rig beats my CDs every time. He's running a Sansui 881 receiver (that I gave him) with my Epic 3s. The whole combination sounds incredible. He's only 16. I made sure to teach him about Klipsch and good sound quality.

This is just some junk for entertainment. My son likes to go into Best Buy occasionally to check out what they're pushing. We went into their so called "high end" room. It was quite an experience. They're selling these speakers (I forget the name) that look like long metal screens. I asked the salesman (more of a boy) for a demonstration. He assured me that those screens are some of the best speakers made. He turned them on for a demo and all I heard was loud muddy booming from a huge subwoofer. I mean, the floor was literally shaking. After I took cover under a table (I live in an active earthquake zone and am always alert.) I politely asked him to turn down the sub. He appeared annoyed but complied with my request. I finally was able to hear these great speakers that look like gyro broilers. No bass, no highs and a feeble midrange. To be fair, I had no idea what was powering them or if they were set up correctly. But we both had a bit of a laugh. I didn't have the heart to tell him what I really thought. But these speakers aren't cheap. I wondered if people really buy these setups: do they fall for the earthquake ruse? There are no small, quality audio stores in my city (that I know of.) so Best Buy is it, since Circuit City went out.

I saw a web page the other day called "rip off of the year," or something like that. Denon is selling a wire for $800. I think it's just an RCA pin type.

I finally received "CloseTo The Edge" in SHM. What an experience! I think it is their best. I'm finally getting a turntable in a few weeks so I can compare sound quality. My son has a Hall 5.1 with an entry level Goldring cartridge. The vinyl on his rig beats my CDs every time. He's running a Sansui 881 receiver (that I gave him) with my Epic 3s. The whole combination sounds incredible. He's only 16. I made sure to teach him about Klipsch and good sound quality.

This is just some junk for entertainment. My son likes to go into Best Buy occasionally to check out what they're pushing. We went into their so called "high end" room. It was quite an experience. They're selling these speakers (I forget the name) that look like long metal screens. I asked the salesman (more of a boy) for a demonstration. He assured me that those screens are some of the best speakers made. He turned them on for a demo and all I heard was loud muddy booming from a huge subwoofer. I mean, the floor was literally shaking. After I took cover under a table (I live in an active earthquake zone and am always alert.) I politely asked him to turn down the sub. He appeared annoyed but complied with my request. I finally was able to hear these great speakers that look like gyro broilers. No bass, no highs and a feeble midrange. To be fair, I had no idea what was powering them or if they were set up correctly. But we both had a bit of a laugh. I didn't have the heart to tell him what I really thought. But these speakers aren't cheap. I wondered if people really buy these setups: do they fall for the earthquake ruse? There are no small, quality audio stores in my city (that I know of.) so Best Buy is it, since Circuit City went out.

I saw a web page the other day called "rip off of the year," or something like that. Denon is selling a wire for $800. I think it's just an RCA pin type.

nice to hear another Close to the Edge fan--their best album in my opinion. perhaps there is a klipsch seller in fresno or modesto. haven't checked craigs list lately; but, last year i was seeing quite a few good deals in the bay area.

The Bay Area has much more on Craigs list. I drove there (about 3 hours) to get my Fortes and also to Modesto to get my KLF-30s. Big problem is the small size of my car. It's nice to have a pickup truck.

I bought the SHM Sampler on SACD. It is superbly excellent. I intend to get more. Kind of pricey. But I intend to buy more.

I paid a small fortune for an MFSL copy of CTTE but sold it shortly thereafter. I like my original much better. Not as quiet but definitely more musical. I'll be on the lookout for a Japanese pressing.

You know, I am not that fond of my MFSL copy either. Think I will seek out a different pressing as well.