• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE!

Do not send me emails requesting logos!

I will not make more than 60 of these!

Nobody will get more than FOUR emblems!

They will be FREE (I'd like a little toward the postage if you can)

I will make an announcement here and all requests must be made via SNAIL MAIL at that time! I will give a short window (one week, maybe LESS)for all of you who want these to put your requests in the mail. I will go by POSTMARK dates and all late requests will be returned unopened!

These have to be cast ONE AT A TIME per mold and I am NOT going to make more than 60 at this time! I will keep the molds and perhaps from time to time when I am SLOW here at work I will announce that I am making a few more.

Thanks for understanding!

Allan

----------------

On 4/14/2003 7:56:45 PM Allan Songer wrote:

I can make as many as we might need. I can cast them in black resin and then let you guys finish them any way you want.

I'd prefer an "original" because any 2nd generation casting will NOT be as good--BELIEVE me! So if ANYONE out these has a loose original pie-slice, please give it up for the cause--it WILL be returned ASAP.

They will be FREE to anyone who signs up in advance. I would like to make a specific number and then shut the project down. Lets say I'll make 25 pairs for free, limit two pairs per member. I'll even mail them for FREE!

I'll take names only when I get an original here to make the mold.

----------------

Allan,

There were so many posts that I couldnt make it through them. If you still need an orginal Pie to use in making the mold, let me know and I will mail one to you.

Terry

PWKlogo031.jpg

It's a real nice thing you're doing for these fine folks. I'm probably the only person NOT requesting any pie-logos...I like my original brass "klipsch" logo on my '79 Cornwalls, so I have no need for cast logos for my horns. Plus, the pie-logo is engraved onto the nameplates anyway, so I don't need the cast logos. Good luck with your orders, though. You certainly have your work cut out for you!

post-11084-1381924535077_thumb.jpg

I will be out of the country for a month and will most likely miss out on the offer of pie slice logos. If anyone out there would be kind enough to help me I would greatly appreciate it as well as help pay you or Allan for your time and effort. I need only one pair for my '73 La Scalas, so if any of you could hold a pair until my return I would be thrilled.

I don't want to be any trouble nor ask Allan to bend the rules he has established. If I miss out, so be it.

Thanks for any help you might offer to my situation.

Chris

You know, if there is enough demand for these things I/we could have some made commercially. I have a source that made custom cloisonne lapel pins for me when I was still active in ballooning (pin trading is a very big industry). If we order a couple of hundred they would likely come in at a couple of bucks apiece. I have only ordered lapel pins (that have a pin and clamp on the back) but they undoubtedly make them with flat backs also, or they could still be attached to grill cloth with a hot glue gun and not use the little clamp on the back.

We could take some pressure off of Allan. The pins I am referring to are metal, not plastic. I could inquire about plastic also. Let me know what you think.

thanks garymd!

I think many of us would be eager to take any pressure off of Allan and enable everyone to get what they want. I also think many of us would be willing to pay more than just postage for the opportunity. I will soon be out of the "know" for a while, so I wish us all the best of luck. Also a sincere thank you to Allan (and Tom) for volunteering to help fellow members.

Chris

PWK retained the copyright for that logo, and since his death, that copyright has been owned by his widow, Mrs. Valerie. That is why the company does not offer replacement logos of that type...they do NOT own the copyright...pretty simple!

The very original versions of that logo were out of a metal...but were soon replaced with black plastic ones that have the raised portions gold plated...similar to how plastic model car kit parts have chrome plating on them. If one wanted to, he could likely get around 1,000 of these made up for a cost of less than 25 cents each...if he had an original to do it with.

My suggestion is to go to a good trophy shop...one that has one of those computerized laser engravers/wood burners...and have a pair made up out of thin black walnut...or maybe even out of thin antiqued brass or copper stock...you can even get a solid wood plaque made up that way....they just scan in the logo that is available on this website and go from there...cost shouldn't be too awfully high to have it done! I always thought that a sandwich of black walnut on bottom with maple on top...engraved out that way...then given a coat of gloss urethane...would make a great replacement logo!!

Just remember WHO OWNS THE COPYRIGHT, though!!