Availability of old pie-slice logos

Big D - I think your approach presumes one has an original logo to work from. Any suggestions for us poor slobs who don't? :)

Also, I don't believe the decision to reproduce these lies with Klipsch LLC. I believe the pie logo belongs to Miss Valerie Klipsch, as it was never transferred to the LLC.

DD

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, sorry about that. I was working under the assumption that you have at least one logo. I would be willing to send out some blanks to make them yourself. As long as I'm not going to get into any kind of copyright trouble doing so. From klipsch that is.

Webmaster, any comments?

Big D

Well, I don't know about the trademark issues, but I'd be willing to make a bunch of these for the guys here if somebody will loan an emblem to work from.

I don't think there's any real trademark issues unless somebody starts selling the things. I would do it for free except for recovering the cost of the materials and postage, maybe a couple bucks apiece?

Guys could have the option of receiving them unfinished if thay wanted to do that part themselves, different colors or something.

BigD, how did you attach them to your grilles? Glue? Would you consider donating your molds to the cause?

Tom

Tom,

I attached the logos with hot glue. So you've got to get it right the first attempt. You can use double faced tape(sticky both sides). I also put magnets on the back and put them on the fridge.

I would really like to keep the molds for future use. Have a few more projects in mind. I will send a couple of blanks to you. Email your address to me and I'll get them out to you.

Big D

In my shop I have current-technology mold making equipment and I would be HAPPY to make a silicone mold of a logo and cast as many as you guys want--they can be made in any color, but the gold would have to be put on by hand and I would leave that up to "end user." All I need is a loose logo--I really don't want to pull mine off!

A pair here Tom, I can even come pick them up.

As for reproduction, my neighbor is in the jewelry manufacturing business. With a suitable pattern, I can ask as to cost to reproduce in metal. Of course with the blessing of the copyright holder for a limited production run.

Big D,

I sent you an email and a personal message.

I dunno, Allan might be the better way to go here. Sounds like he has equipment and experience to go with it. Might produce a better product.

Allan, did you notice above that Big D was offering to send a blank? Nobody is volunteering to yank an original emblem here. Could you work from his existing blank with the equipment you've got?

Big D, if consensus here is give the deal to Allan, would you have any issues sending the mold to him instead? He did a real nice job on the massive paper project just a few weeks ago.

What do you guys think?

Tom

Edited: misread Big D's post above, corrected.

I can make as many as we might need. I can cast them in black resin and then let you guys finish them any way you want.

I'd prefer an "original" because any 2nd generation casting will NOT be as good--BELIEVE me! So if ANYONE out these has a loose original pie-slice, please give it up for the cause--it WILL be returned ASAP.

They will be FREE to anyone who signs up in advance. I would like to make a specific number and then shut the project down. Lets say I'll make 25 pairs for free, limit two pairs per member. I'll even mail them for FREE!

I'll take names only when I get an original here to make the mold.

Well, sign me up1.gif

IMHO, this kind of cooperation is what makes this forum what it is. Allans' earlier project with the audio papers was outstanding too. I've really enjoyed reading the DfH, reminds me of when I got my Heresy's back in 77. I used to get the DfH from a local dealer in Grants Pass, Oregon whenever it came in.

Tom