RF7ii or Belle's

XxCowboyxX

The title says it all. I am revamping my HT and would some input. I have a choice to buy a pair of very nice Belle's for $2000 or a new pair of RF7ii for $2200. I do roughly 80/20 movie to music. I'm really torn here. My center has already arrived it's a rc64ii. My surrounds are going to be either rs52 or rs62 I have not decided.

If you've got the room and the budget, Heritage all around is the way to go. Belles all around, Belle mains with La Scala or Heresy II or III centre, or La Scala or Heresy II or III surround. They will all work well together.

One forum member has a killer home theatre with 7 La Scalas.

Heritage Series, it's the real thing! [Y] [:D] [:P]

The title says it all. I am revamping my HT and would some input. I have a choice to buy a pair of very nice Belle's for $2000 or a new pair of RF7ii for $2200. I do roughly 80/20 movie to music. I'm really torn here. My center has already arrived it's a rc64ii. My surrounds are going to be either rs52 or rs62 I have not decided.

(Thinking) [6]

post-50231-13819659248324_thumb.jpg

As a person that had all Belles (7) in an HT setup My vote would be to go with the timbre matched RF7s. If your ratio was reversed I might change my mind just to get the MUSIC out of the Belles but you would be disappointed on the movie dialog. Get both [6]

Texarkana.....I am originally from Clarksville.

For what it's worth, 2K for Belles is questionable unless condition and location makes it all good.

Ill ask him if he doesn't mind me posting him because he has quoted me some nice deals. I paid $850 for my rc64ii. No they are definitely not B stock. And about the Belles they are immaculate and it's the first time I have ever seen the brazillian wood in real life. Just wow on how it looks. I might honestly just save up and buy both and put tubes on the belles. I'll be using an xpa-5 for my HT. I have heard la scala and was very meh with them but I hear upgrading them really makes them shine.

Both choices have merit enough to be anyones "dream system". If your room is particularly large, I think the Belles would have some advantage. I found that to be true for my room of 6000cf.

For what it's worth, I'm using RS62's with an otherwise Heritage system, and find no concerns with Timber matching. You wouldn't want to mix the front three, but surrounds are okay as far as I can tell.

tony

For what it's worth, I'm using RS62's with an otherwise Heritage system, and find no concerns with Timber matching. You wouldn't want to mix the front three, but surrounds are okay as far as I can tell.

Yeah I don't think side surrounds are as important either when it comes to timber matching. How do you like the RS-62s? Do you prefer the sound over a normal speaker for surrounds? I've been thinking about getting a pair to check them out, I've never heard them.

They are a suprising speaker. I'm very much pleased. They can run easily on up to reference volume. I use them on the sides, and use Heresy for the rears, so I mix direct radiating with the RS. It works well. The rears are about 10' behind me, so I prefer direct from back there.