Alternate to Rc-7?

WeebMan

Ok if that's true the how would an rf7 sound better than the rc64 as a center channel ?

But please someone tell me why klipsch uses a tapered array crossover in the 64 if an rf 7 single crossover would sound better?

Klipsch went to a tapered array design(2.5 way) to eliminate the comb filtering that can occur with horizontally imposed speakers. Here is a few threads that explain things a bit.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/78827/782136.aspx#782136

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/131169/1326871.aspx#1326871

Why did klipsch go away from the two 8 inch drivers for a center channel (rc7) for a wider 4 driver setup with 2 cross points?

I believe a 6.5 inch driver will produce better midrange frequencies than an 8 inch especially with dialog which is a center channels main function.

Bill

I love a good debate as much as anyone. But I think we are just

beating a dead horse at this point. Music like movies both have voices its no different.

And Jason I really feel youre arguing just argue at this point. No offence but

you almost sound like people that argue that hitler was a some kind of genius

and not a mad man when you take some of these sides. Devil

A Hitler reference! Ladies and Gentlemen...The Klipsch Forums!!!! Lol...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok if that's true the how would an rf7 sound better than the rc64 as a center channel ?

But please someone tell me why klipsch uses a tapered array crossover in the 64 if an rf 7 single crossover would sound better?

Klipsch went to a tapered array design(2.5 way) to eliminate the comb filtering that can occur with horizontally imposed speakers. Here is a few threads that explain things a bit.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/78827/782136.aspx#782136

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/131169/1326871.aspx#1326871

Why did klipsch go away from the two 8 inch drivers for a center channel (rc7) for a wider 4 driver setup with 2 cross points?

I believe a 6.5 inch driver will produce better midrange frequencies than an 8 inch especially with dialog which is a center channels main function.

Bill

I love a good debate as much as anyone. But I think we are just

beating a dead horse at this point. Music like movies both have voices it’s no different.

And Jason I really feel you’re arguing just argue at this point. No offence but

you almost sound like people that argue that hitler was a some kind of genius

and not a mad man when you take some of these sides. Devil

A Hitler reference! Ladies and Gentlemen...The Klipsch Forums!!!! Lol...

Lol I only meant he almost always takes the side against the

norm. Hope I didn’t offend anyone.

I do not think Hitler is anything but crazy. I am offended by that comment. I absolutely went from rf62's to 7's for coolness. I think my rc64 is a better center than my 7 would be. I agree we r beating A dead horse. I'll let u guys decide on weather or not Brunt and I are the same guy. :)

Brunt/JasonJC,

Okay, so I've got a question: Are you the same person? I say yes!

Well for starters, he has much nicer gear than me...so, no.

[;)]

It was hard to tell from your profile...Klipsch front and polk surrounds...both of you have a cheesy photo in your profile. General agreement on topics of inerest, JJC giving "credentials" to a new forum member and then asking for his opinion...

General entertainment value gets a thumbs up!

Future Credability: DENIED!

Brunt/JasonJC,

Wink

It was hard to tell from your profile...Klipsch front and polk surrounds...both of you have a cheesy photo in your profile. General agreement on topics of inerest, JJC giving "credentials" to a new forum member and then asking for his opinion...

+1

I’m still trying to figure out if the” Sylvania 19" CRT

TV (Cinevision model with upgraded board)” is real or some kind of inside joke?

I’m the only one?

I’m still trying to figure out if the” Sylvania 19" CRT TV (Cinevision model with upgraded board)” is real or some kind of inside joke? I’m the only one?

Definately a joke.. You'd have to sit pretty darn close to actually see a picture on a 19" screen.

Brunt/JasonJC,

Wink

Wait.... What's cheesy about my photo? I have a glandular issue that prevents me from growing a thick mustache. The glasses are prescription and I was given the hat by my late uncle whom I was very close with.

This thread cracks me up. I will chime in though, and say "YES", three identical towers "DO" sound more seamless than two towers and a dedicated center channel. For a brief period I had the opportunity to experiment with three RF-82's. Now, with that being said, my TV was relocated to the side, but watching the movie was not my intent. I played back scenes from Transformers 2, and DID notice a difference going from two RF-82s + RC-64 vs. three RF-82's. Although the RC-64 is an amazing speaker, having all three identical speakers with identical tweeter and speaker heights provided me with a more "fluid" sound stage.

Currently I am running 2 RF-63's and a RC-64. They are VERY close, but the RC-64 does provide a different listening experience. Is it a bad thing? Not necessarily, I am happy with 2-Channel on the 63's and movie watching with the 64.

Im still trying to figure out if the Sylvania 19" CRT TV (Cinevision model with upgraded board) is real or some kind of inside joke? Im the only one?

Definately a joke.. You'd have to sit pretty darn close to actually see a picture on a 19" screen.

Thanks for bagging on my stuff.

WOW I never thought I was going to start all of this when I made the simple statement below. [6]

Other than using three completely identical speakers, the RF-5's with RC-7 are the best matching center and mains of any other I've heard.

Thanks for bagging on my stuff.

No problem Jason..

I am not sure why you would think Brunt is Jason,,,,,,,, However I have thought Brunt seems a lot like jacksonbart

LOL...Actually darylomer12, my name IS Jason as well...different last names as you can tell by our screen names.

If you gentlemen are serious about thinking I am somebody else, I can post pictures of my setup as soon as my room is put back together as I recently sunk a cabinet into a wall and haven't finished cleaning up yet. I can also take pictures which clearly show my face while holding up a copy of that day's paper and a copy of my birth certificate all while the evening news is playing in the background.

It's odd, I was told this forum was a judgement free zone, but I've already had someone take shots at my portrait and make fun of my AV setup...tough crowd I guess. We all don't have money for fancy projectors and dedicated "man-towns".

I think u should do that Brunt. This place , like planet fitness, is a relatively judgement free zone with the exception of a couple newer members. The old timer heritage guys seem to be willing to help out quite a bit. If you do go against majority views make sure you do it in a pm... Otherwise you'll get flamed like those who chose to fight McCarthyism in the late 40's early 50's.