What I did on Summer Vacation w/pics!

kevinmi

Very nice! Looks like a great place to enjoy summer, whatever the weather. Yes

BTW, did you consider putting some kind of heat shield behind the BBQ, to avoid heating the wooden wall?

Probably wont be much heat loss out of that weber to affect the wood...but better safe than sorry. A nice S/S rack setup would look awesome.

I'm jealous of your deck setup...very nice.

• Moderators

That a great looking patio and pool, the family will spend alot of time back there, good deal.

The wood behind the grill will probably be alright if there enough space behind it.

We were landscaping this older couples back yard and one day we we pulled up and the lady says " do you know how to do vinyl siding " ? I told her no I have never done it, she said come see this, her husband had had a grease fire on the gas grill and when he opened the cover the flames shot up. [:o] It melted off the siding behind the grill and on the roof of the porch about 8' away ! I couldn't help but laugh, I had become friends with her husband, a retired airline pilot with a great sense of humor. I could see him laughing through the window as she told me this in a panic, she was bent out of shape but I couldn't stop laughing, it was even sagging well away from the heat and had hardened up sagging after it cooled.

He came out and I said what did you do Mr Charlie, just to keep it going and he said, "burn this sucker down , she has to much junk in there", he was a funny guy, and almost correct.

I suspect that up there, flying vampire insects are very rare.

Actually, we have quite a few mosquitos up here also. I make sure my blood alcohol level is way up there, so when the mosquitos drink my blood, they fly off drunk and crash into the grill!

LOL!!!

If you ever wander this far south, stop by, take in a Wall of Voodoo session, and meet some of the "flying critters" that pass themselves off as mosquitoes. We have a breed down here called the Maylasian Tiger. They are huge (you can hear them coming... sounds like a flight of B-29's on take-off) and are black with white stripes. If they were any bigger they'd be on the DHS "No Fly" list.....

[H]

• Moderators

I suspect that up there, flying vampire insects are very rare.

Actually, we have quite a few mosquitos up here also. I make sure my blood alcohol level is way up there, so when the mosquitos drink my blood, they fly off drunk and crash into the grill!

Reminds me of this commercial with the mosquito. [H]

http://www.tabasco.com/arts_pavilion/tv_ads/tabasco_mosquito_ad.cfm