RIP Casey Crites

rll

Bob and Michael Crites have many friends here. This morning I was poking around their web site when I saw they lost Casey, their friend and company dog, this past Wednesday. Having lost my good buddy Andy, a Marmalade Norwegian Forest Cat in November, I know how much it hurts, and I'm sure many of you do too. I still get teary thinking about him. But it also helped hearing from friends, so I'd like to pass on to Bob and Michael my sincerest sympathies. I'm sure Casey had a wonderful life.

Randy

• 1 month later...

I never replied to this thread before, but thought this might be a good time to do that. We still miss Casey, he was a great dog and a friend of all of us. We talked this over and decided we wanted another Irish Setter like Casey. But, Irish Setters are a bit hard to find around here. We located a breeder in Lebonan Missouri, about 225 miles from here that had a litter of Irish Setter pups born just a week before Casey died. We made arrangements to get the only male in that litter. He is 7 weeks old now. Michael drove up to Missouri and picked up Cody for me and one of Cody's sisters for himself.

So, meet Cody.

post-9312-1381966338478_thumb.jpg

I never replied to this thread before, but thought this might be a good time to do that. We still miss Casey, he was a great dog and a friend of all of us. We talked this over and decided we wanted another Irish Setter like Casey. But, Irish Setters are a bit hard to find around here. We located a breeder in Lebonan Missouri, about 225 miles from here that had a litter of Irish Setter pups born just a week before Casey died. We made arrangements to get the only male in that litter. He is 7 weeks old now. Michael drove up to Missouri and picked up Cody for me and one of Cody's sisters for himself.

So, meet Cody.

Bob,

The only way to get over the loss of a family member dog.......is to get a new puppy.

Congrats on Cody. He looks to be a sweet kid.

Warm regards,

tc

He is a beautiful puppy. I am very happy for you and your family. Cody and his sister will have lot's of fun playing together. I am a strong advocate of buying two pups from a littler.

I would only ask that you teach them to please NOT chase the sheep!

Make it a good week,

Craig